Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Skippy would be a perfect addition if he could take the wage drop/still hack it. With Smith and Ryan there’s plenty of youth and enthusiasm up front already but we’ve lacked someone who can sword Utd. The ex Falkirk players took great delight in helping us turn them over and Skippy is exactly the sort of player we could trust to score in the bigger games (ie Utd). 

ETA - he’ll probably go to Falkirk (Hartley/Celtic connection).

Edited by Shandon Par

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I wouldn't take McDonald for the simple reason that 'Skippy' is an abysmal nickname

Skippy, Flipper and Gentle Ben were some prime post-school shows. Would be a nostalgic one for me. Would just like AJ to shake things up a wee bit up front. 

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yet you thought it was ok to repeat what was said on a public forum?

Yes. 

I could tell anyone that, I just promised not to say where it came from. 

Is that a problem? 

2 minutes ago, P475 said:

Yes. 

I could tell anyone that, I just promised not to say where it came from. 

Is that a problem? 

Seems a bit w**k that someone in the know told you something confidential and said it was ok to post it on a public forum. 

Also seems a bit like attention seeking.

6 minutes ago, ADFC said:

Dundee United favourites to sign Clark according to the courier

Do they even have a manager? 

Always thought it would be difficult to play El Bak and Clark in the same team. This would clear a space for El 30 Goals. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Shit, just seen that he signed a 3 year deal with Dundee in 2016.

Still, if they want rid they might let him go for no fee....

Loan might be an option as well. I'm sure he's well down the pecking order up Dundee way. 

If it’s true that Aird’s now signing a 2 year deal with United, and Clark’s likely to go there too, we really need to re-think our contracts.

I realise that one-year deals suit the club, in terms of not committing to longer term deals, but surely ‘key’ players should be getting longer deals? I also don’t understand why our important players haven’t been offered deals until now. Should have had them signed up before the end of the season, rather than allowing this sort of situation to develop. We were on a great run, putting in good performances. Losing a large number of these players and having to re-build would undo all of the good work done there.

Should definitely have tried to get the important players to sign new deals once playoffs were confirmed and before everyone else decided released/retained lists and started looking at our out of contract players, since we always seem to be the last team to make contract decisions.

I would imagine this also means that we’re behind other clubs in terms of recruiting new players as well (since we won’t be doing that, until we know what we need). Other clubs making signings and negotiating with potential signings.

Of course, I hope the club make an official announcement today/tomorrow and I have got the situation completely wrong. However, this is what’s happened the last 2 years, we just haven’t got the squad sorted early enough.

Absolutely laughable decision to 1)Not start getting contracts offered out to key players earlier and 2)Only offer one year contracts to said players. 

You deserve mediocrity with shambolic proceedings like that, another poor summer in store for AJ? Brilliant. 

Only in May and it seems Johnston has already managed to lose two of our key players to our main title challenger next season. 

Why the f**k are we not offering 2 year deals to the likes of Aird and Clark?  Absolutely laughable.