Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

To us. He'll be saying hello to you pretty soon*

Anyway, he barely played this season so I'm not particularly bothered. Decent enough player but was injured too often. I'm sure someone will claim some nonsense about his great crosses.

Hide contents

I have of course just completely made that up, but in reality he'd be a decent signing for most teams in the league provided he can stay clear of injuries

Unfortunately Injury prone all his career. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's McManus like? 13 goals this season isn't horrendous. 

Linked with Nicky Clark for a while too, not sure who'd be a better fit. 

Can either play on the left? 

McManus has an incredible engine. He runs at defences all match and makes things difficult for the opposition defenders. He contributes hugely.

He's can find the net but it's been slightly frustrating that he hasn't found the net more often as it's deserved given his workrate.

He's very popular among the Pars support and I hope we don't lose him being honest.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

To us. He'll be saying hello to you pretty soon*

Anyway, he barely played this season so I'm not particularly bothered. Decent enough player but was injured too often. I'm sure someone will claim some nonsense about his great crosses.

Reveal hidden contents

I have of course just completely made that up, but in reality he'd be a decent signing for most teams in the league provided he can stay clear of injuries

Which is pretty much why he left us

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Jack Ross signing Gavin Reilly probably alerted many a limited footballer to have ideas above their station. 

If only more of the mediocre players to have graced the pitch at EEP of late were capable of scoring 20 goals in half a season like Reilly did then maybe Dunfermline would be much higher than their current standing.

Or maybe the Pars just need their own Jack Ross? :thumsup2

Edited by JimmyMirren

3 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

If only all of the mediocre players to have graced the pitch at EEP were capable of scoring 20 goals in half a season like Reilly did then maybe Dunfermline would be much higher than their current standing.

Or maybe the Pars just need their own Jack Ross? :thumsup2

He scored eight goals against full-time sides in the Championship, in a team that comfortably won the title. 

He's a younger, more mobile John Baird.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

From the Record:

Fraser Aird has agreed a new one-year deal with Dunfermline after spurning interest from England.

Record Sport understands that the former Rangers star who has eight international caps and one goal for Canada has knocked back deals with Carlisle United and Salford to stay with the Pars.

The 23-year-old made 27 appearances for the Fifers this season scoring four goals as Allan Johnston’s men finished fourth in the Championship.

However the Pars succumbed 2-1 to Dundee United in the play-off quarter-final.

5 hours ago, smpar said:

Wonder what the new kit will be like. Personally I wish we could keep this season’s home kit because that was fucking beautiful.

I wish we could keep it for all time tbqh. 

Would be gutted if McManus left but if it's true that a team in the Premiership is keen, then he'll be offski. Aird will be a real coup IMO as he's unplayable when he's in full swing. He was totally gubbed up at Tannadice in the play-offs after half-time but before that he was destroying their full left flank. 

Would be happy with a first team squad of

Robinson
Murdoch

Williamson
Morris
Ashcroft
M’Voto
Martin
*new full back - preferably one that can play both left & right back*

Beadling/a mobile defensive midfielder
Vincent (or another box to box midfielder)
Craigen (or another attack-minded CM)
*new CM*
Higginbotham/Cardle (try to keep one)
Aird
*new winger*

Clark
McManus
Ryan
Smith

I would loan Gill out (if possible), before people mention that he’s still under contract. I realise that we probably won’t manage to keep a hold of all of the players listed above, but if we can get as close to like for like replacements, that would be good. Probably try and bring in a few more youngsters as well, if we’re planning to play in the reserve league. Surprised we punted Duthie and Lochhead, as I thought they looked ok and had potential. Whilst not being of first team quality yet, I thought they’d be regulars in the reserve league and adequate cover for the first team, if required.

I wouldn't be nearly as fussed about McManus, he seems like a decent bloke though and he's evidently put in a ton of graft to get to where he is, would be happy for him if he got a move to St Johnstone.