Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Were you guys not interested in Danny Redmond a while back? We released him yesterday. 

What’s his exact role? We could be pretty light on midfielders with Beadling, Vincent, Paton, Craigen, Splaine, Wedderburn, Shiels, Cardle and Higginbotham (basically all our midfielders, I think?) out of contract and no indication who’s being kept on. I’d guess at least 5 of those will be away.

I doubt we'll manage to hold on to Clark?

Keep

Robinson 

Ashcroft

Morris

Aird

Clark 

Hopefully we'll totally rebuild our entire midfield. If Joe and Higgy stay? Then I hope it's as 2nd choice wingers with new first choice players coming in. 

I've heard from a very reliable source that Higgy's agent is looking for another club for him, so he'll likely hold off until the last minute possible before re-signing. 

Wonder what the new kit will be like. Personally I wish we could keep this season’s home kit because that was fucking beautiful.

20 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
20 hours ago, smpar said:

He made no attempt to hide the fact that he's a ***, which I don't really have a problem with as all football players support a team and unfortunately it's going to be one of the cheeks more often than not, but there was no sign of any moronic antics (political social media posts, bigoted behaviour). On the pitch, he was excellent when given a chance and could have been worthy of a TOTY spot if he'd played most/all of the season.

Agreed. I think it helps that as a club we're really switched on with social media etc. I wonder if the players are told that they're not to post anything that can be taken the wrong way? I hope the fact that he seems well liked by both the players and the fans helps sway him into staying.

MAC didn't pay any attention to that. 

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

Wonder what the new kit will be like. Personally I wish we could keep this season’s home kit because that was fucking beautiful.

I'd certainly be in favour of just keeping it and bringing out a new away kit.

wouldn't really help merch sales though

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Andy Barrowman was talking about being over in Spain last Autumn looking at the potential designs for our 2018-19 strip (he’s the Joma rep). He’s a well turned out lad so we should be in good hands. 

He also #lovesthepars

46 minutes ago, P475 said:

I doubt we'll manage to hold on to Clark?

Keep

Robinson 

Ashcroft

Morris

Aird

Clark 

Hopefully we'll totally rebuild our entire midfield. If Joe and Higgy stay? Then I hope it's as 2nd choice wingers with new first choice players coming in. 

I've heard from a very reliable source that Higgy's agent is looking for another club for him, so he'll likely hold off until the last minute possible before re-signing. 

Who is the source?

He also #lovesthepars

I always found his affinity with the club quite strange, since he was punted during the admin shitfest in his first spell and was part of that god awful League One side in his second spell.

I really liked him as a player though and he seems like a top geezer, and as Shandon says, is a stylish and handsome c**t so no complaints with him making decisions.

16 minutes ago, smpar said:

I always found his affinity with the club quite strange, since he was punted during the admin shitfest in his first spell and was part of that god awful League One side in his second spell.

I really liked him as a player though and he seems like a top geezer, and as Shandon says, is a stylish and handsome c**t so no complaints with him making decisions.

He asked to stay on for free when made redundant but he was told this wouldn't be possible by club/administrators (whoever). Some ruling meant he couldn't do this. I think that sticks in a lot of Pars fans minds, he was offering to play for us for bugger all during our darkest hour.

Edited by JFPar
Said the word FREE about a million times.

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Michael Paton says goodbye. 

To us. He'll be saying hello to you pretty soon*

Anyway, he barely played this season so I'm not particularly bothered. Decent enough player but was injured too often. I'm sure someone will claim some nonsense about his great crosses.

I have of course just completely made that up, but in reality he'd be a decent signing for most teams in the league provided he can stay clear of injuries

32 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Twitter page says St.Johnstone interested in McManus and Raith looking to bring back M'Voto. Would normally take what I read on twitter with a pinch of salt, but I'd already heard the McManus/StJohnstone thing.

What's McManus like? 13 goals this season isn't horrendous. 

Linked with Nicky Clark for a while too, not sure who'd be a better fit. 

Can either play on the left? 

Paton has undoubted talent.

Willie Miller had said some time ago that when he come through the ranks at Aberdeen that he was one of the most naturally talented players they'd had for many a year.

I hope he gets a club who'll play him on a regular basis, assuming he can stay injury free.