Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

The manager needs to get the recruitment spot on this Summer, not needing January to save our season.

Going in last season without a natural central midfielder and spending over £20k on a 3rd/4th choice striker was baffling.

Still don't understand the Andy Ryan signing. Bizarre for us to spend money on a player and then rarely use him.

He did quite well when given a chance but was a totally unnecessary purchase. 

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Still don't understand the Andy Ryan signing. Bizarre for us to spend money on a player and then rarely use him.

He did quite well when given a chance but was a totally unnecessary purchase. 

Maybe Nicky is away and AJ saw him as a replacement

Faissal would be a good Nicky Clark replacement. Can't see Faiss and Clark working in the same team. AJ is a huge Nicky Clark fan though so expect he'll make him an offer. Could be lower away crowds again but a bit of extra dosh from our higher finish will offset that. If season tickets go okay then hopefully same sort of budget as last season for AJ? 

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can't imagine it's going to be lower, unless we've gone a bit over with the January signings? Feels like we have too big a squad as it is right now.

Yes - so even if the budget is a bit lower we can hopefully still be competitive. That lad Reilly from St Mirren could be a good addition. One goal in 2018 is good going. 

Yes - so even if the budget is a bit lower we can hopefully still be competitive. That lad Reilly from St Mirren could be a good addition. One goal in 2018 is good going. 

Well, better than Jamie Mole's record for us.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Faissal would be a good Nicky Clark replacement. Can't see Faiss and Clark working in the same team. AJ is a huge Nicky Clark fan though so expect he'll make him an offer. Could be lower away crowds again but a bit of extra dosh from our higher finish will offset that. If season tickets go okay then hopefully same sort of budget as last season for AJ? 

I hope the board don't budget on away crowds.

Anyway, will the away crowds really be down? Ayr have a much bigger support than Brechin. Dundee United aren't going anywhere. St Mirren will be replaced by either Ross County (slightly lower crowds than St Mirren on average) or Partick Thistle (about the same as St Mirren). We might even lose Livingston and both County and Thistle will most likely bring more fans than Livi. Dumbarton and Alloa bring about the same so no change there really.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I hope the board don't budget on away crowds.

Anyway, will the away crowds really be down? Ayr have a much bigger support than Brechin. Dundee United aren't going anywhere. St Mirren will be replaced by either Ross County (slightly lower crowds than St Mirren on average) or Partick Thistle (about the same as St Mirren). We might even lose Livingston and both County and Thistle will most likely bring more fans than Livi. Dumbarton and Alloa bring about the same so no change there really.

Yes, not like losing Raith and Hibs to be replaced with ICT and Brechin anyway. I just mean the budget shouldn't be drastically different unless nobody buys season tickets. 

Hopefully the good end to the season will help shift some and then a couple of signings when AJ is back from his hols. 

Aye Dundee are safe, as are Hamilton. It's down to Partick and Ross County for 11th and 12th. 

No way Dundee would bring 2000 twice for a regular league game anyway

Ross County and Dundee both charge £24 for regular games. Dundee also charge £30 for 'Category A' games.

Prices are shit even in the Championship. Lucky I still have a student card

Edited by DA Baracus

It's weird I want the pars to be in the top league but the idea of us playing Killie, Motherwell or Ross County isn't appealing at all.

You know that against the OF if we are in the game the ref will just hand it to them anyway. So really the highlights would be Tynecastle and Easter Road twice and a cup run.

£20 to watch Ross fucking County. No wonder Scottish football is dogshit.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Partick then, I thought Dundee were still involved. Premiership sucks balls. I see saints are charging £20+ for games next season.

Most clubs charge £23/£24, Celtic/Rangers charge £26/£27.

We offer an adult and two U12s for £16 though, so steal some kids on matchday