Walking Down The Halbeath Road

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What about Vincent? I thought he was a definite improvement on Shiels and Nat.

I'd agree he was an improvement but not to the extent I'd be desperate to re-sign him. Certainly wouldn't be too upset if he did end back at EEP tho.

Season ticket video is class. Hopefully there are some unique discounts available, like a free steak bridie at the first home game of the season :wub:

Ok, I was a bit harsh on AJ just frustrated to see another side beat United with limited resources.

He has achieved the remit he was given but with a few tweaks here or there we could have been second. I still believe that unless we keep the best players from last season and add lots of backup we will finish top half again.

Hopefully we unearth some gems like Beadling. If he was to sign up ideally we need.

Robinson

Back up keeper, Murdoch if fit.

Martin

Talbot

MVoto

Morris

Ashcroft

Williamson, would sell if we can get good money. Unlikely.

Defence would be pretty much sorted but if we were to lose M'Voto or Talbot and replace them I wouldn't be too fussed as long as the quality was as good or better. Martin can play anywhere but would like to see him at fullback with a full season there. I reckon he could improve greatly, to be one of our best players.

Midfield is again an issue. Higgy and Aird should be signed up. Cardle has had his chance and again has needed to be replaced mid season. On his day he is class but Aird for me is more consistent. Paton should be moved on. Reckon we need three new wide players plus Higgy and Aird. Wide play is such a massive part of our game. Perhaps if Dumbarton go down we might go back for that Foxywotsit winger as he was on trial pre season?

Central midfield. Nat, Shiels, Splaine. Not good enough. Sorry.

Would like to see us get Beadling back in plus Vincent and Craigen I'm not sure. Falkirk fans slated him. A ball winning decent footballer like Byrne would be ideal but hard to get. Perhaps some young prodigy from a tie up down South?

We really need four central midfielders all of the same quality. Tough job again for AJ.

attack

Clark, McManus, Smith, Ryan.

Arguably two players short here, I would loan out Smith for six months and perhaps get a target man striker and maybe another worker like McManus. Ryan and Clark are very similar. We play long balls at times to them and sometimes it's not that effective.

Two strikers needed.

With this amount of quality we would be challenging. Maybe we will get 75% of that but hopefully not too little too late again.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If he was fit we wouldn't have gotten beat by United, I'd argue he was our most important, and best player during our unbeaten run, once he got up and running we didn't get overrun in midfield, if we sign him next season I'd have us down as title challengers.

That is utterly fantastic, our media team are absolutely a  credit to our club, square go to anyone that says differently. 

Yes...and I'm sure they cleared the rights to use the music as well.

You going to grass on the grasses like?

Anyway, is dafc wanting us to sign a zillion players? We also have what is a limited budget, funnily enough most budgets are.
6 strikers? 5 wide men? Nah. We need quality not a huge squad.

Martin though I agree, has been fantastic since coming in.

This link isn't working for me. Keen to see what other clubs are charging this coming season as we've cut our prices for 18/19.

IMG_0638.jpg

I haven’t bothered checking but I’m sure that’s the same price as last season.

The best thing AJ has done (IMO) is the fitness coach. Before him we were bullied in League One. The last two seasons we've finished the season well with a far more consistent team selection (ie few injuries) than other teams around us. He's quite conservative and his mantra of quality over quantity didn't quite ring true with the signing.. I'd like to see him be a bit bolder and try and get in a couple of players that could make a big difference, rather than just adding competition for places. You could chop 10 players from the current squad without making much difference to the starting 11. It's not always disastrous to chuck in a youngster if a "star" is injured - look how well Smith coped in Nicky Clark's place. Eg instead of a load of Wedderburn/Shiels standard players, a gem plus a couple of cheap youngsters. 

A bit like McIntyre in this league, AJ addressed the issues as they came up this season. Yes, some were of his making (lacking decent midfielders and not having any striker cover when we were firing blanks) but most stuff he does seems logical. A bit bolder and more decisive in his transfer dealings, more loan gems like Beadling and we should hopefully improve. If we could just get a win against Utd if they stay down or turn over whoever drops down then any mental barriers we've struggled with should be gone. We've shown we can pump everyone else on our day. 

A wee bit of of consistency and a couple of real quality players that will make the difference is what we need. Beadling is one of those players IMO. Hopefully we can get him another year.  I trust AJ to get the signings right this summer. 

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He still hasn't told us why he hates Williamson

I don't think he hates Williamson. I think he thought he was clever and special once because he didn't rate a player everyone else did and now feels foolish because he's been proved wrong over and over and over again.

It's tough when you can't admit you're wrong. I thought Aird would be shite and an off-field distraction but turned out to be a great signing. I thought AJ had no chance of turning things around in early March but he did. 

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought Aird was pish too. Thought M'Voto was a joke signing as well.

I was furious when I saw Aird was starting against Livi earlier in the season. He was almost my favourite player by the end of the season.

Was unhappy at the signings of M'Voto and McManus but was happy with both of their contributions for the most part.

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That is utterly fantastic, our media team are absolutely a  credit to our club, square go to anyone that says differently. 

:lol: Fair's fair, gents, that video made me laugh, in a good way.  Great effort. 

I thought Aird was pish too. Thought M'Voto was a joke signing as well.

Come on now baby

Jonny Mvoto! [emoji38]

I was completely wrong about Robinson, thought he'd be a fucking Hutton-esque mess. Turned out to be solid and a clean sheet king.