Walking Down The Halbeath Road

A couple of the tabloids tried to make it about Neil Lennon as well, as he had recently been sent bullets in the post.

Quite what the connection between sectarian based scumbag behaviour and a bear in a cardboard tank was is still a mystery.

That piece of shit Thomas Docherty MP even jumped on the bandwagon to critcise it.

I've also been able to find this;

"Dunfermline Athletic bosses are to be questioned by police over the bizarre pre-match antics of East End Park mascot Sammy the Tammy.

Before the Fife derby kicked off on Saturday Sammy appeared on the pitch in what looked like a cardboard tank and pretended to open fire at Raith Rovers fans. This was accompanied by sound effects played through the stadium’s loudspeakers.

A police spokesman said, “Fife Constabulary are aware of the behaviour of the mascot at East End Park before the start of the game between Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Raith Rovers Football Club. We intend to take up this matter with both DAFC and the individual concerned at the earliest opportunity.”

Rovers fans said the stunt was in bad taste, given recent threats to Celtic FC manager Neil Lennon and the death of Raith fan Lance Corporal Liam Tasker, who was killed by the Taliban forces in Afghanistan last month. They have called for the club and the mascot to make a public apology.

Raith Rovers Football Supporters Club chairman Gordon Adamson said, “I’d like to see this guy take the head off and apologise, as himself. It was absolutely disgraceful. If they’d done that at the Old Firm game, can you imagine what would have happened?”

He added, “I thoroughly believe Dunfermline will deal with this in a proper manner and I think an apology should be forthcoming.

“It took the shine off what was otherwise a good day out — other than the result of course.”
Embarrassment

Eddie Doig of the supporters club said, “Dunfermline’s mascot is an embarrassment to the club. It was in really bad taste. The worst thing was when the announcer put on the machine gun noises as well — it must have been rehearsed.”

He added, “The mascot is there to provide an atmosphere for their own fans, not provoke the away fans.”

Three thousand Rovers fans had bought tickets for the crucial league clash, which saw the Pars go three points closer to promotion.

Mr Doig said, “We’d basically given the club £45,000 and were shocked they would do that. Someone has a sick sense of humour.”

Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston said, “We’ll be looking into it."

More amusing quotes in this article; https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sammy-the-tammy-rapped-after-tank-1101178

And this thread on a Rovers forum is drenched in tears; http://www.raithfantalk.s2.bizhat.com/raithfantalk-ftopic3125-0-asc-0.html

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Some Raith fan was traumatised by the gunfire IIRC, citing Iraq war flashbacks or suchlike.

I remember working in a supermarket at the time and someone told me that was in the papers and I laughed, safe in the knowledge it was a daft joke. Was genuinely staggered when I saw people were actually upset by it.

I hope they had the worst day of their lives.

Just seen that St Mirren only got 6400-odds for a title party at home to their rivals, wtaf?

We got more than that for the new year's derby against Falkirk ffs.

ETA - after a quick check it turns out that was the most attended game in the league this season.

Edited by TheMessiah

41 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Just seen that St Mirren only got 6400-odds for a title party at home to their rivals, wtaf?

ETA - after a quick check it turns out that was the most attended game in the league this season.

That's pretty much the entire home sections though. St Mirren Park only holds just over 8000, and the away stand, which they couldn't sell home tickets for, holds 1633.

I think if they could have they would easily have sold more (home) tickets.

Edited by DA Baracus

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's pretty much the entire home sections though. St Mirren Park only holds just over 8000, and the away stand, which they couldn't sell home tickets for, holds 1633.

I think if they could have they would easily have sold more (home) tickets.

Ah right, fair fucks then, could they not have split the stand?

Seems a bit mental having to devote the entire stand to what would have been a very low travelling support.

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

Seems a bit mental having to devote the entire stand to what would have been a very low travelling support.

No ,due to being only one toilet 

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

Police instructions. Having Morton and St Mirren fans near each other might have given the police something to do.

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Our first home game against United is the highest with 7,500+

In the past, St Mirren have had us in the stand opposite the Main Stand (just the final section) and had kids/freebies/whatever behind the goals. A bit rubbish if Plod wouldn't allow Morton fans in that section (unless it's because that is where the "singing section" now is and they didn't want to move of course)

13 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In the past, St Mirren have had us in the stand opposite the Main Stand (just the final section) and had kids/freebies/whatever behind the goals. A bit rubbish if Plod wouldn't allow Morton fans in that section (unless it's because that is where the "singing section" now is and they didn't want to move of course)

St Mirren have had all the away fans behind the goal this season. They said before the season that if they sold a certain number of season tickets in the stand opposite the Main one that they wouldnt move home fans to accommodate smaller away supports and they did

Wonder what the situation will be with AJ? Don't cock up tomorrow and he gets a new contract? That middle section of the season was grim but it's more points and more goals than last season. If we end up in 5th again though it's not terrible but another season of failing to hit the target. 

Wonder what the situation will be with AJ? Don't cock up tomorrow and he gets a new contract? That middle section of the season was grim but it's more points and more goals than last season. If we end up in 5th again though it's not terrible but another season of failing to hit the target. 

If we make the play-offs then I’d expect a 1 year extension to see how next season goes. If we get promoted (big if at the moment) then it’ll be much of the same situation as our first year in the Premiership with clauses in contracts for relegation/staying up, I’d imagine. However, if we somehow manage to balls this up then it’ll certainly be a lot tougher for Ross McArthur to decide on AJ’s future. He clearly likes him and how he carries his business since he’s came here with all the modernisation he’s brought to the club etc, but it can’t be ignored that it would ultimately be a season in which we would’ve failed to reach our objective.

I think we’ll reach play-offs and AJ will get a 1 year extension.

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Think he'll almost certainly be offered a new contract now. All the negativity seems to have gone.