Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

McManus and Smith up top for me next season.

Smith has been hilariously mismanaged this season.

McManus can get in the sea, just whisper it, but Smith might not actually be as good as we thought, not getting good reviews at Alloa. 

46 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Reilly and Smith have a lot in common!!!  Unlike some both are nice guys and I would recommend having a chat with either if you get the chance!

Eh, how do you know Smith? 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

McManus can get in the sea, just whisper it, but Smith might not actually be as good as we thought, not getting good reviews at Alloa. 

Support group for failed Pars strikers?

Reilly made 28 appearances for the Pars, with 16 starts. He scored twice; the quality effort at Hibs and then grabbed one in a meaningless 5-1 Challenge Cup win at Brechin.

He wasn't mismanaged; he was fucking shite.

Edit - A lot of our fans don't like Clark and/or McManus and they have 28 between them this season...

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

A good player who was shire for us then went back to being a good player. Not just Reilly at fault imo. I remember seeing him on the bench on tv against Midden in the 3-2 win. He looked completely pissed off, sometimes it doesn't work out and it's up to a good manager to fix it. It was a waste imo.

Aye, I remember at the new year derby against Raith there was an angle showing our goal which had the subs, when the ball went in the other subs who were warming up went mental whereas Reilly just started trudging up the touchline. 

His head wasn't in it for us, he was absolutely horrendously shite to the extent where I'd put him in my worst x11, however that doesn't necessarily make him a bad player, he just had a bad time in his career. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It may surprise you that I know dozens of players and we speak whenever I see them. The vast majority are nice guys who'll gladly give you the time, Nicky Clark however is a cocky twat in the up your own arse way, unlike someone like Jason Cummings who is cocky but quite funny with it.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Reilly made 28 appearances for the Pars, with 16 starts. He scored twice; the quality effort at Hibs and then grabbed one in a meaningless 5-1 Challenge Cup win at Brechin.

He wasn't mismanaged; he was fucking shite.

Edit - A lot of our fans don't like Clark and/or McManus and they have 28 between them this season...

Has Gav not got something like 21/22 on his own?

Edited by Hawk

Aye, I remember at the new year derby against Raith there was an angle showing our goal which had the subs, when the ball went in the other subs who were warming up went mental whereas Reilly just started trudging up the touchline. 

His head wasn't in it for us, he was absolutely horrendously shite to the extent where I'd put him in my worst x11, however that doesn't necessarily make him a bad player, he just had a bad time in his career. 

The moment that typified Reilly's season with us was a chance he wasted, think it was against St Mirren on Alba. He had a chance at a fairly tight angle towards the left hand side of the box, could have cut in and used his right but he was so devoid of any confidence that he swung his weak-as-piss left foot and it went out for a goal kick/easy save for the goalkeeper.

For anyone interested, my article with Lee Ashcroft which was published in one of the recent home match-day programmes is now available to view on my website:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2018/03/25/it-was-actually-my-janitor-that-recommended-me-to-my-local-boys-club-lee-ahscrofts-career-kicked-off-in-the-playground/

Decent point yesterday at Tannadice. Sets us up for a crucial double header coming up. A win would possibly knock QoS out of the running and a win vs Livi might just drag them back into proceedings. 

COYP! :thumsup2