Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

What supporters club though, there aren't very many so would be interested if you tell us which one.

The Elizabeathen. Hope it doesn't happen though. I've been on the bus a few times

I think we need to go for a proven manager. Jim McIntyre improved us season on season and unfortunately tried to play a championship style in the SPL. He did well at county, I think he's been harshly treated at both clubs.

The championship isn't rocket science, you need a solid strong defence, a couple of good mobile midfielders and a goalscorer. Usually a team playing with wingers works or good full backs.

us Jims first time, Accies or Patrick all used wide players to great effect.

This is a pretty poor league this term and saints aren't an amazing side but have one great player and are coached really well.

If you gave Livvy our budget Hopkin would be up there. They would love to be able to afford Clark or Cardle. We are totally underachieving. The board should be looking at targets and offer them the opportunity to move in early if we don't make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Elizabeathen. Hope it doesn't happen though. I've been on the bus a few times

Not happening. I knew that's the bus you were probably referring to.

The bus attendance has been well down this season but the discussion on the clubs Facebook page last couple of days suggests it's keeping going.

Been a few opinions given and the bus will be less frequent and geared up for the better away days for the foreseeable. The results are not helping.

I use the bus all the time and I've spent time filling a minibus recently to St Mirren, Dumbarton etc just to keep things going. Got the POTY night at in April, which will be a belter.

End of the season will now probably see a new Manager and then we go again.

It's going nowhere.

Edited by Guest

I think with in-house club media, there's never going to be any probing or interesting questions. It's mostly about telling you team news and getting the fans excited for the game at the weekend. That's definitely not his strong point.

There's a lot of things about AJ I like but when things aren't going well on the pitch, generic answers to vanilla questions are only going to add to the apathy. He almost never criticises the team and never criticises himself, giving the impression that we deserve to win every game and are just unlucky/hard done by.

Maybe it's nonsensical but I want to be excited about Dunfermline and it annoys me when it doesn't seem to matter. 

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think with in-house club media, there's never going to be any probing or interesting questions. It's mostly about telling you team news and getting the fans excited for the game at the weekend. That's definitely not his strong point.

There's a lot of things about AJ I like but when things aren't going well on the pitch, generic answers to vanilla questions are only going to add to the apathy. He almost never criticises the team and never criticises himself, giving the impression that we deserve to win every game and are just unlucky/hard done by.

Maybe it's nonsensical but I want to be excited about Dunfermline and it annoys me when it doesn't seem to matter. 

From my perspective, I honestly try to ask probing, relevant and valid questions. 

I get your point that at ParsTV, e.g., that the interviewer needs to "keep the heid" in interviews after a bad result and may not want to upset or disillusion the manager / player being spoken to with awkward questions etc but at the same time, it is our job to provide the fans with interesting, factual, content that answers the right questions and provides insight into the match. 

We can ask as much as we like on a subject, but, if the person being interviewed is unwilling to answer or doesn't provide an adequate response, there isn't a lot we can do, tbh. 

As I said, I totally get your viewpoint and I don't totally disagree with what you are saying:  I'm always happy to take criticism on board or suggestions to improve so please let me know if you feel I ain't approaching the interviews properly etc. 

Cheers! :)

From my perspective, I honestly try to ask probing, relevant and valid questions. 
I get your point that at ParsTV, e.g., that the interviewer needs to "keep the heid" in interviews after a bad result and may not want to upset or disillusion the manager / player being spoken to with awkward questions etc but at the same time, it is our job to provide the fans with interesting, factual, content that answers the right questions and provides insight into the match. 
We can ask as much as we like on a subject, but, if the person being interviewed is unwilling to answer or doesn't provide an adequate response, there isn't a lot we can do, tbh. 
As I said, I totally get your viewpoint and I don't totally disagree with what you are saying:  I'm always happy to take criticism on board or suggestions to improve so please let me know if you feel I ain't approaching the interviews properly etc. 
Cheers! [emoji4]

In my opinion the interviews are just very samey every week, whether that be the match preview or post-match interviews (I know you mainly only do the post-match stuff and sometimes get the chance to do the match preview).

It’s maybe stuff that wouldn’t be easy to ask that people like me are after in these interviews. For example, everyone knows AJ has been dealt criticism in the past few months, it would be interesting to know how he feels about that as he definitely knows he’s had it as of late.

As I said, probably not questions you’re able to ask in a one-on-one environment within the club but it’s perhaps what people would like to see to shake it up a bit.

20 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Cheers! :)

Nobody would be questioning your input if the results were better. When we win everything is fine. How do you make 0-0 after 0-0 after narrow defeat sound interesting? Not easy. 

Burty does a good job.

AJ is not exactly charismatic and fans don't get near him so he's remains an enigma which hasn't helped him receive much empathy during a run of poor performances.

Looks more like a concentration camp than a football ground.  

I can think of a few times I’ve been sat at EEP where I’d have preferred to be sat in a concentration camp instead.

Aye? ....honestly?

Yes, I’d *honestly* rather be a suppressed, malnourished Jew waiting on my imminent death by torture than a football fan witnessing a bad result.

Glad to see people don’t take the internet too seriously.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Yes, I’d *honestly* rather be a suppressed, malnourished Jew waiting on my imminent death by torture than a football fan witnessing a bad result.

Glad to see people don’t take the internet too seriously.

Fucking hell. I’d suggest you take football a bit too seriously mate.