Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Have we? Most of our seasons have involved a promotion battle, a fight against relegation, money troubles or at least steady year-on-year improvement.
This season a lot of fans either want AJ gone or don't care either way. I'll probably head to the Livi game on the 3rd but I'm certainly not very excited about going.
Don't think anyone would be shocked if we hand Brechin their first win on the 27th either.

In the last brechin home game dods changed the midfield and they scored and we seemed like we didn't know what to do.

Big match for us in the league tonight, in terms of Dumbarton vs Morton. We are really needing a Sons win, although a draw wouldn't be too bad either. 

Our next four / five games are so crucial in the way our season is going to pan out. If we can pick up between 8-10 points I think we've set ourselves up well for the run-in... Anything more and it'd be back in our hands. Anything less? We are fighting for 5th-8th then. 

Slowly losing faith that we’ll make the play-offs. We’ve been so poor since late October that we’re now starting to really drown out all of the early season form which saw us top of the table at one point. If we make the play-offs now then I’ll be very pleasantly surprised, certainly not expecting much from the remaining away games given the abysmal record under AJ.

Even if we made the play-offs there's no chance we'd beat United over two legs.

I have serious doubts over beating anyone out of Morton, United, ICT, QoS, Livingston or Inverness over two legs.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If our remaining fixtures were
Dumbarton
Brechin
Dumbarton
Brechin
Dumbarton
Brechin
Dumbarton
Brechin

Id be confident in reaching the play offs. Any deviation from this and cheerio to them and AJ.

If we could chuck in a bit of Arbroath that would really help.

38 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is it sad that I'm mildly impressed we even picked up a point.

Think it's very clear to most people that we're in the dying embers of AJ's reign. I've been really patient but it's obvious we're not going to get consistently better any time soon. We might win a few games between now and the end of the season but I think there's no chance we make top four now.

Hope the club have an exciting appointment in mind.

I know you posted this in the match thread but felt it was more appropriate to reply here.

Basically I agree. I've been very patient too and defending the manager as well but I think he's taken us as far as he can and at the end of the season should be thanked and sent on his way.

I said this on the other forum but feel it's worth repeating here; I don't get the personal stuff with the manager and feel It's comically over the top. He's hardly Davie fucking Hay or Stephen Kenny. Folk seem to actually hate him and it looks like one supporters club is actually disbanding as folk won't go to away games whilst he's in charge. Calm it doon 

I've always said that the biggest issue AJ would have is that he's never clicked with the fans. Even when things go well, they never chant for him or even silly stuff like asking him for a wave. For a large section of fans, he's been tolerated since Day 1 and that's about it.

That's not a factor until things start to go awry. He doesn't have the love and faith of the fans that can get him through a bad run of form. I think it's more frustration than anger as we should be moving forward as a club just now but it's become very stale. We need a spark and he doesn't have it. 

I don't think he's ready for the job but otherwise I'd love Petrie. That's my heart thinking instead of my brain though. Should we try and get Aitken from Dumbarton? Is Robbie Neilson a reasonable shout? Alan Stubbs? We're almost at the stage where anyone different would be an improvement...although not Yogi.

Petrie would be great simply because he's a legend although of course his current performance at Montrose is very impressive. Might be too soon though and I'd hate to see fans turn on him if he didn't do well (still doesn't sit well with me that a lot of fans did so with Craig Robertson and he was just a coach)? Think we'd struggle to afford Neilson or Stubbs, either of whom would be a great appointment (especially if Neilson brought Crawford). If Livingston don't go up then we could surely make a better offer for Hopkin, though doubtful he'd see us a better option. Aitken has a great job away from football apparently so doubt he'd go full time (the managerial Rory McAllister).

Hughes can f**k off. I'd rather have Gary Locke

McIntyre? I hate going backwards in time appointing managers but he's done the job in this league before and has surely learned his lessons in the top flight with County?
I'm not sure he'd be any closer tie with the fans though, or into the social part of the role that is needed now.