Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Utter embrassment that livvy are so far ahead of us despite just coming up and having a tiny budget. No excuses.

Shut up and just be glad you have a club to support!11!!!11!

48 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Utter embrassment that livvy are so far ahead of us despite just coming up and having a tiny budget. No excuses.

What's their budget? Are all other teams in the league, except St Mirren, also utterly embarrassed that Livingston are ahead of them?

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Yep, utter guff. We'll finish 5th or 6th and a fresh start will take place in the summer. Can't wait for it tbh because there is no chance we are making 4th place. We have no bottle, no consistency, a manager that only knows one system and average, at best, footballers. 

No bottle :lol:

I'm waiting on 'lack of effort, 'no passion and 'no commitment' to complete the bullshit cliches.

Think folk are overreacting a bit here. It's hardly a disastrous season. It started off great but has become totally 'meh' now. We've had loads of such seasons. Just have to move on.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's their budget? Are all other teams in the league, except St Mirren, also utterly embarrassed that Livingston are ahead of them?

I get your point, but at the moment outwith Livi and St Mirren is anyone happy with how there season is going? Maybe Morton. 

Livingston’s crowds regularly dip into 3 figures, and if you think they are running a 24 player full time squad plus a youth team plus stadium rent and costs on a budget that means  the debts aren’t increasing week on week, then you haven’t really been paying attention to how they operate.

33 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Budgets
United

Us/falkirk/ict
Saints
Morton/qots
Dumbarton/livvy

Brechin

Something like that.

Livvy get crowds of 1500 and have no fund from the fans. Look at the players they are getting and the squad depth. It's nothing like what we have.

Still not seeing any figures

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

No bottle :lol:

I'm waiting on 'lack of effort, 'no passion and 'no commitment' to complete the bullshit cliches.

Think folk are overreacting a bit here. It's hardly a disastrous season. It started off great but has become totally 'meh' now. We've had loads of such seasons. Just have to move on.

Would composure have been a better word for you? You always hit out with that 'commitment' patter. Literally no-one here suggests the players aren't trying. What I am suggesting is that, whenever we find ourselves in a good position, or if we are leading a game, we seem to fall apart. 

Yep, a profit that has them 1.5 million in debt. They did post a small profit, (when Hearts were in the league) but conveniently omitted that they hadnt paid Gordon MacDougall the tens of thousands they owed him (and had agreed to pay him).

i think you’ll find their match day revenues level out around the £12k to £15k mark twice a month, (obviously yesterday was higher, but 730 v Dumbarton of whom 400 are STs is way smaller) and they will have a monthly wage bill of something like £30k to £35k (at least).

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Would composure have been a better word for you? You always hit out with that 'commitment' patter. Literally no-one here suggests the players aren't trying. What I am suggesting is that, whenever we find ourselves in a good position, or if we are leading a game, we seem to fall apart. 

I think that's down to other managers changing it and us sticking with 4-4-2 until recently.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's hardly a disastrous season. It started off great but has become totally 'meh' now. We've had loads of such seasons. Just have to move on.

Have we? Most of our seasons have involved a promotion battle, a fight against relegation, money troubles or at least steady year-on-year improvement.

This season a lot of fans either want AJ gone or don't care either way. I'll probably head to the Livi game on the 3rd but I'm certainly not very excited about going.

Don't think anyone would be shocked if we hand Brechin their first win on the 27th either.