Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Let AJ get the rest of the season. Unless he walks, terminating his contract would be an unnecessary expense.*

Football fans are funny. AJ seems like a relatively decent, harmless guy but folk will talk about him like he’s fucking poison, simply because he’s underachieving as a manager. Strange attitude to have towards a guy who, by all accounts, has done well for us.

*I’d imagine if he were to resign, he wouldn’t be compensated? Feel a bit daft for not knowing this tbh.

Seems to be the way with all fans. I understand people are frustrated and angry but there's no reason to be a c**t.

Just to clarify are we allowed to criticise AJ now or does it still get classed as having something personal against him? The guy couldn't pick a snotter out his beak never mind a play off challenging squad.

We used to be shite so we should be grateful with our lot. Apparently.

Defeat on Saturday would put us 9 points off 3rd place, having played a game more than Livi. That would probably put us in a scrap with Queens, ICT and Morton (against whom we've managed 1 win this season; that was in August and one of the main performers from that game is now at Alloa). So long as we don't get relegated I'm not losing sleep over our situation but it's a pretty spectacular drop-off from where we were earlier in the season. Reasons? Your petty gripes? Petty grudges? Everyone must have their theories. It's not blindly bashing AJ to want to debate why we've gone a bit shite - be interesting to see what y'all have to say. 

I think the great start got some people excited about a title challenge when that was never really on the cards. Our first XI playing well are a match for anyone in this league but that hasn't happened often. AJ is not good at changing things (no real Plan B) so if teams make it difficult for us then we tend to toil.

Cardle was superb at the start of the season and it wasn't long after his injury that we started to tail off. Definitely didn't help as he was flying.

Definitely should have used Smith a lot more. He and McManus were so bright and lively together, especially during that fantastic performance at Tynecastle. I think this is mainly why people are so negative towards Clark, despite him having a decent scoring record.

We all said at the start of the season that we were short in the middle of the park and it could come back to bite us if we suffered injuries/suspensions etc. You can tell it's a problem for AJ too, seeing as he's signed three or four midfielders in Jan.

I'd agree we're pretty much fucked if we lose at Livi on Sat and 5th or lower should certainly spell the end for Mr Johnston. I'd argue he probably should go regardless, as he doesn't seem to have many fans still on his side.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:31, ThePARadox said:

I know its quiet but it would be a shame if it went belly up. I cannae be jeered signing up to .net.

Theparsclub now back up and running.

Sorry for any problems, just one less place to share our disappointment after the result at Morton :-)

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Aird quite rightly having a go at AJ for picking players regardless of performance in the press.

he's right but if he thinks doing an interview will help his cause then he is badly wrong, what a muppet

On 2/7/2018 at 18:17, Poet of the Macabre said:

31st birthday for Joseph Cardle today.

According to Soccerbase, he's made 231 appearances for the mighty Pars and scored 54 goals.

What a guy.

cardle 2.jpg

cardle 1.jpg

JS96457770.jpg

Thank god he got rid of his beard, hes only 11 goals off our top scorer over the last 10 years

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 20.25.44.png

Edited by Adam101