Walking Down The Halbeath Road

30 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Any good?

He's very highly rated, was on fire at the start of the season but Clark and McManus are our first choice pair, he's got good pace and can finish the ball well, he's got the attributes to be a top striker but could do with  being a bit stronger. 

Surprised he's went to Alloa, thought you had a few strikers kicking around. 

59 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Any good?

He was almost unplayable the start of the season. He tore ICT a new one in a 5-1 victory, which was some spectacle. Imo he fizzled away once Ryan was signed and Clark came back from injury.  Should be good for you though and hopefully he can replicate his early season form.

Any good?

Should be a good player in League One. He makes good runs across the back four and in behind, and can generally be a nuisance for defenders.

I would question why we waited until after playing and not beating the two teams above us so slightly gutted yeah.

I think it is a genuine point to ask though why this season and last did we suddenly sign players in January after the squad looked unbalanced both times. Last season, yes first season up I suppose. 

None of these signings are proven at this level but I'm hoping for good things.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This isn't a criticism of the player in any way but why the f**k did we spend money on Andy Ryan?

Seems such an odd signing in hindsight.

Maybe seen as 'one for the future'? Or maybe the manager knows a striker will be moving on in the summer and got Ryan early as he knew other teams were interested in him?

To summarize; I have no idea.

I like what I've seen of him mind and think he should be getting way more game time

Don't think Ryan has really had enough of a chance to be able to be fairly judged yet tbh.

ETA - If we're offloading Clark to an SP team then I'd be very happy with Ryan, McManus and Smith as our forward options.

Edited by TheMessiah

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hopefully some gems in the batch of signings but when you look at the pedigree they look like a bunch of fringe players. AJ says “we now have a big squad” so what happened to quality over quantity? 

The alleged quality didn't turn up so, he's trying quantity now. 

I think the exuberance of youth will have these young lad trying hard, and the addition of Vincent will bring a different dynamic to our midfield. 

Im maybe being a bit overly optimistic with our new signing but, I feel we needed to get the midfield freshened up as it has went a bit stale over the last couple of months. 

1 hour ago, P475 said:

The alleged quality didn't turn up so, he's trying quantity now. 

I think the exuberance of youth will have these young lad trying hard, and the addition of Vincent will bring a different dynamic to our midfield. 

Im maybe being a bit overly optimistic with our new signing but, I feel we needed to get the midfield freshened up as it has went a bit stale over the last couple of months. 

I'm just being a grouch - of course I hope they make a huge difference but it reminds of Potter's January transfer window. 2nd year in a row where the stated aim has been promotion so AJ really needs to make the play-offs. Don't think AJ can have many complaints about the budget or facilities at his disposal in comparison to the teams around us so the pressure is on him to deliver. 

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm just being a grouch - of course I hope they make a huge difference but it reminds of Potter's January transfer window. 2nd year in a row where the stated aim has been promotion so AJ really needs to make the play-offs. Don't think AJ can have many complaints about the budget or facilities at his disposal in comparison to the teams around us so the pressure is on him to deliver. 

Ffs man, I was happy to have forgotten about the whole Potts scenario. Thanks for reminding me. :(