Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I, on the other hand, hate a scoreboard something about it really annoys me as football never produces a score large enough to forget

You obviously weren’t at EEP in 2006 be Celtic. :lol:

:(

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Quick update as promised:

Main topic of conversation and the most heated as people complaining about the homophobic chanting at the recent match the board said the police had had no complaints but would review the match to try and take action, what I found worrying was there was a guy who was genuinely angry or upset that the chant was being considered wrong and illegal suggesting anyone who didn't find the chants to their taste sat up in the family section. He was in his 40/50 and I'm not sure how he functions in modern society behaving like that.

Ross reiterated what was said earlier in the season that Dunfermline "would never support" colt teams and that a number of things the SFA or the SPFL had tried to push through or have pushed through have been done exceptionally poorly which I think we already knew that tbh. I was going to ask but someone jumped in front of me

Also kudos to the Morton chairman who went in and sat with the Morton fans the ensure that there were no chants or singing about Dean Sheilds and I don't think the club was willing to comment on the other matches played in January but did mention that there was crowd trouble in the away end at both matches.

Allan Johnstone has been setting up links with 5 teams in England with a view to set up strong links for loan players either in this window or certainly in the summer window, no teams were mentioned however as we have played both Newcastle and Sunderland this season already I don't think anyone would be surprised if we were linking with them.

The catering in Charlie D's and legends was brought up and the club at considering winding down the food sales at the income is marginal however they were talking about bringing in a hot plate into Charlie D's to stop the need to the door which joins the two bars being open and stewarded.

'Safe' standing or rail seating is actively being looked at by a steering group and the club are happy to support it in its early stages however may not be able to stump up the funds which would require more fundraising and the group weren't happy to be fundraising at the same time as the lift fund as they felt that was more important to the club, at this time.

I asked if the club ha looked into offering discounted tickets for Premiership clubs season ticket holders on their winter break and said the SPFL had asked championship clubs to offer free tickets for U12's (which we already do) however the SPFL only advertised this minimally and only a few weeks before instead of having it in every premiership teams programme .

Over the next 2 years, the floodlights will be renovated and a scoreboard will be installed at EEP as part of us hosting the Ladies European Championship (or some other women's football tournament) Also soon we will be shooting the pigeons that live at EEP (yes that really was discussed)

Think I have summarised about everything it was a good turnout tonight and some lively discussion, safe to say the folk who moan the most were nowhere to been seen and as I come away from every meeting with Ross I get the feeling the club is in a better place than the last time I heard him speak. :) 

Good summary of the evening. 

Getting to see the newly renovated boardroom was good too and it certainly looks the part! 

It was also good to hear that the BoD won't roll over if any team did come in for one of our players this month or in the summer. 

He's pretty well known so I don't know why we don't just ban him he was raging at the suggestion that any chant wasn't allowed. I, on the other hand, hate a scoreboard something about it really annoys me as football never produces a score large enough to forget although a clock would be useful. Safe Standing will be a goer but as a long-term project I think it would be in the NW but perhaps a section at a time I hope it happens in the next 5 years but that may be ambitious.

What’s his name please Adam? This man must be banned. If he’s “pretty well know” can you pass me the details.

No idea his name but I’ve seem him at most matches older guy amongst the casuals always in a hat perhaps someone at the meeting knew him? He had no interest in stopping those sorts of chants and like I said before he suggested moving stands if people didn’t like it.

I see. Perhaps you should have alerted Ross that this man is a problem and asked for him to be banned there and then, whilst we had him in the room.

You’re right. However, I was also at the meeting last night and know who Adam is accusing. I know said person isn’t like that, and also doesn’t agree with homophobic chanting. The guy attends the games with his three kids FFS, not “casuals” [emoji23]. What was said last night has been misinterpreted in here, in true sweetie wife fashion.

I was also at the meeting last night and defending homophobic chants wasn't what he was saying at all. The conversation went to sort of go on about kids running about and people swearing where the person said well theres a family section maybe that would be better suited for you. The guy who initiated the conversation then got defensive and sort of said "why should I" (he goes with his grandchildren) and one of the SLOs starting shouting too  and it got a bit heated for about 5-10 second but it calmed down pretty quickly. He also doesn't run about with "casuals" he goes with his kids mostly and gets on another supporters bus which isn't the "casuals bus" which leaves from a different place when it does go. I think people see a type of jacket style/brand and jump to conclusions tbh

Internet witch hunts and trying to get peoples names is a bit farcical

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

4 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I was also at the meeting last night and defending homophobic chants wasn't what he was saying at all. The conversation went to sort of go on about kids running about and people swearing where the person said well theres a family section maybe that would be better suited for you. The guy who initiated the conversation then got defensive and sort of said "why should I" (he goes with his grandchildren) and one of the SLOs starting shouting too  and it got a bit heated for about 5-10 second but it calmed down pretty quickly. He also doesn't run about with "casuals" he goes with his kids mostly and gets on another supporters bus which isn't the "casuals bus" which leaves from a different place when it does go. I think people see a type of jacket style/brand and jump to conclusions tbh

Internet witch hunts and trying to get peoples names is a bit farcical

It was someone who knew him that wanted his name put up on here, I said that nothing that was said last night would ever be considered sufficient of a banning order, however, I did feel it was immature to shrug the whole thing off by saying if you don't like it don't sit in the NW as that attitude should be left back in the 50's. if the guy who a few posters seem to know on here does go along with his family than that's great I'm sure he puts plenty money into the club and has followed us through plenty of barron times and I'm glad he and everyone else came along last night however, I felt there were a few people who probably weren't at the meeting need to realise how serious consequences of the chants could be. The guy who spoke up and said if the crowd joined in with the Dunfermline songs then the offensive chant would die out which was spot on.

I'm not sure how helpful it is to label any bus as a casual bus which I assume you refer to the lizzie, we are all just folk on a day out for a good laugh and a pars win there has been very little trouble from our fans to warrant the "casual" label.

By permitting homophobic chanting you endorse it, we all have a stake in cutting out this rubbish.

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

It was someone who knew him that wanted his name put up on here, I said that nothing that was said last night would ever be considered sufficient of a banning order, however, I did feel it was immature to shrug the whole thing off by saying if you don't like it don't sit in the NW as that attitude should be left back in the 50's. if the guy who a few posters seem to know on here does go along with his family than that's great I'm sure he puts plenty money into the club and has followed us through plenty of barron times and I'm glad he and everyone else came along last night however, I felt there were a few people who probably weren't at the meeting need to realise how serious consequences of the chants could be. The guy who spoke up and said if the crowd joined in with the Dunfermline songs then the offensive chant would die out which was spot on.

I'm not sure how helpful it is to label any bus as a casual bus which I assume you refer to the lizzie, we are all just folk on a day out for a good laugh and a pars win there has been very little trouble from our fans to warrant the "casual" label.

By permitting homophobic chanting you endorse it, we all have a stake in cutting out this rubbish.

Direct Quote  "what I found worrying was there was a guy who was genuinely angry or upset that the chant was being considered wrong and illegal suggesting anyone who didn't find the chants to their taste sat up in the family section"

Utter lies, and no explanation or apology even though it's appeared now its 3 websites with more than one witness saying it's total nonsense. Either stick by your claim that he was angry about people complaining about homophobia or say you got it wrong.

"By permitting homophobic chanting you endorse it, we all have a stake in cutting out this rubbish."

What did he say that permitted/encouraged or agreed with  it?

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

"He's pretty well known so I don't know why we don't just ban him he was raging at the suggestion that any chant wasn't allowed"

"No idea his name but I’ve seen him at most matches guy amongst the "casuals"  perhaps someone at the meeting knew him? He had no interest in stopping those sorts of chants and like I said before he suggested moving stands if people didn’t like it."

Seems you had an agenda/perception against him before the meeting even started

Direct Quote  "what I found worrying was there was a guy who was genuinely angry or upset that the chant was being considered wrong and illegal suggesting anyone who didn't find the chants to their taste sat up in the family section"

Utter lies, and no explanation or apology even though it's appeared now its 3 websites with more than one witness saying it's total nonsense. Either stick by your claim that he was angry about people complaining about homophobia or say you got it wrong.

"By permitting homophobic chanting you endorse it, we all have a stake in cutting out this rubbish."

What did he say that permitted/encouraged or agreed with  it?

I do sincerely apologies however my opinion of what I heard through the shouts (not the man in question) alluded to the fact that there was light made of homophobic chanting, if this is not the case and you don’t think it was then I will remove all comments made of the matter.

I said that we all have a duty to stand up to homophobia not only in the stands but also in Scotland this was a general comment for all our supports who I thought were excellent today. I believe we do have that responsibility.

If you would like me to speak with the gentleman in question as you appear to know him I would be more than happy to do so as I would like to offer my apology in person. However the references appearing on more than one website have nothing todo with me and I can not control what other post on forums which I’m not on.

Feel free to PM me Man and let’s all rally round the club as we are on the up!

Sorry once again,

"He's pretty well known so I don't know why we don't just ban him he was raging at the suggestion that any chant wasn't allowed"

"No idea his name but I’ve seen him at most matches guy amongst the "casuals"  perhaps someone at the meeting knew him? He had no interest in stopping those sorts of chants and like I said before he suggested moving stands if people didn’t like it."
Seems you had an agenda/perception against him before the meeting even started

I have no agenda against any of our supporters I think we have magnificent support which have done a lot of work not only to save the club but also show us as one of the great fan powers in Scotland.
Like I said everyone should be welcome at the meeting and had no idea who was going to be there or spoke to anyone before the event so I had no perception of anyone before the meeting kicked off