Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Only show in town eh?

Going to 2 Falkirk games suggests to me yer a Falkirk fan

You don't appear to understand football very well.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Faissal scored 30 goals, what have you done to him?

Aye the seaside league is quite easy for full time teams. I seem to remember Nicky scored a few for us in that league as well, what have you done to him?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nicky Clark didn't have to pad his scoring record with goals against youth teams and non-league numpties either.

Could anyone that's able to head along to tonight's meeting let us know how it goes? Just a brief summary would be lovely.

Yeh will try and give a brief rundown of how it goes I'm going to ask if there has been any change of thought about Colt teams

Quick update as promised:

Main topic of conversation and the most heated as people complaining about the homophobic chanting at the recent match the board said the police had had no complaints but would review the match to try and take action,

Ross reiterated what was said earlier in the season that Dunfermline "would never support" colt teams and that a number of things the SFA or the SPFL had tried to push through or have pushed through have been done exceptionally poorly which I think we already knew that tbh. I was going to ask but someone jumped in front of me

Also kudos to the Morton chairman who went in and sat with the Morton fans the ensure that there were no chants or singing about Dean Sheilds and I don't think the club was willing to comment on the other matches played in January but did mention that there was crowd trouble in the away end at both matches.

Allan Johnstone has been setting up links with 5 teams in England with a view to set up strong links for loan players either in this window or certainly in the summer window, no teams were mentioned however as we have played both Newcastle and Sunderland this season already I don't think anyone would be surprised if we were linking with them.

The catering in Charlie D's and legends was brought up and the club at considering winding down the food sales at the income is marginal however they were talking about bringing in a hot plate into Charlie D's to stop the need to the door which joins the two bars being open and stewarded.

'Safe' standing or rail seating is actively being looked at by a steering group and the club are happy to support it in its early stages however may not be able to stump up the funds which would require more fundraising and the group weren't happy to be fundraising at the same time as the lift fund as they felt that was more important to the club, at this time.

I asked if the club ha looked into offering discounted tickets for Premiership clubs season ticket holders on their winter break and said the SPFL had asked championship clubs to offer free tickets for U12's (which we already do) however the SPFL only advertised this minimally and only a few weeks before instead of having it in every premiership teams programme .

Over the next 2 years, the floodlights will be renovated and a scoreboard will be installed at EEP as part of us hosting the Ladies European Championship (or some other women's football tournament) Also soon we will be shooting the pigeons that live at EEP (yes that really was discussed)

Think I have summarised about everything it was a good turnout tonight and some lively discussion, safe to say the folk who moan the most were nowhere to been seen and as I come away from every meeting with Ross I get the feeling the club is in a better place than the last time I heard him speak. [emoji4] 

Decent summary that, cheers Adam.

I also find it hard (but sadly not all that surprising) that at least one stupid old c**t thinks there’s nothing wrong with homophobic chanting.

I like the idea of a scoreboard at EEP. No idea why but it’s something I’ve wanted to see for a while.

As soon as I saw safe standing mentioned I knew the issue of funds would halt it for now. It would be absolutely brilliant if we could get that installed at some point though, especially in the NW.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

Decent summary that, cheers Adam.

I also find it hard (but sadly not all that surprising) that at least one stupid old c**t thinks there’s nothing wrong with homophobic chanting.

I like the idea of a scoreboard at EEP. No idea why but it’s something I’ve wanted to see for a while.

As soon as I saw safe standing mentioned I knew the issue of funds would halt it for now. It would be absolutely brilliant if we could get that installed at some point though, especially in the NW.

He's pretty well known so I don't know why we don't just ban him he was raging at the suggestion that any chant wasn't allowed. I, on the other hand, hate a scoreboard something about it really annoys me as football never produces a score large enough to forget although a clock would be useful. Safe Standing will be a goer but as a long-term project I think it would be in the NW but perhaps a section at a time I hope it happens in the next 5 years but that may be ambitious.