Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, JFPar said:

I think Chris Kane was at Uni when playing for us, sure he went part-time so he could do both before falling out of favour and leaving.

Oh yes, that was Heriot Watt though. Presume he was studying karate. Did he ever complete 90 minutes without snapping someone?

Nice bit of business. Can we now also stop pretending that Shiels has been great for us when he really hasn't shown up at all other than maybe a couple of games.

Oft.

Sorry, didn't realise you would take my comment as covering from the beginning of time.

Of late, every player to have left Falkirk has been slated on these forums.
Quite rightly so as the players we have got rid of have been absolute dross. That is why we are sitting second bottom of the league.

Houston filled the squad with workshy, heartless b*****ds and Hartley is gradually clearing them out and replacing them with players who are up for the fight.

A lawyer, I think.

I remember the “you’ll never be a lawyer” chants to Derek Stillie as well. Don’t know exactly when he studied though.

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Gerry Britton was trying to become a doctor, possibly he went to uni?

I thought it was Law as well, I'm sure he did an open university course while at the Pars.

Craigan seems to have decent reviews from Partick and Rovers fans. From what I can gather he needs a digger/workman like player next to him to do the dirty side of the game. Hopefully big Nat and him can form a partnership in central mid if there's where he is going to be used.

4 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Every player that moves away from Falkirk is shite according to their support on here.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

So I am, I make a comment about criticism of outgoing players from Falkirk, clearly aimed at Craigen, Gallacher's potential exit etc, and all I get back is unrelated pish about players that have done well after Falkirk loans/stints a decade or so ago.

As above you said 'every player'. I pointed out that's not the case and you infact are bumbling along trying to move goalposts cos ye made a c**t of it. Chin up squire you'll get there 

image.gif.c1aeb636859191c874aac3a42ba0949a.gif

Craigen is technically very good but unless you play him behind the front two I struggle to see any other position he can influence a game. He's half the player of Sibbs meaning this spot in midfield was never going to be his. We tried him right midfield but he has zero pace or defensive qualities meaning our right back was constantly exposed.  You can go through 90 minutes of football and genuinely forget he was on the park. I'd take Higgy, Cardle, Sheils and Paton over him every day of the week. 

I seem to remember a game when a pars fan said Higgy had him on toast only to be shot down by several falkirk posters.

He was also highly praised on the radio and in the media.

Theres obviously a blame culture on certain players at the club, after finishing so close in two seasons it was only natural that Falkirk players would give up a bit. Trying your best and failing twice, only natural?

Houston had an excellent and entertaining side and should have moved on after last season. He was and is a good manager much your players from last season. Hartley will need to rebuild.

Pars fans did similar with Forbes, Reilly and Stirling. Good players.

42 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Nope. BPM seemed to think so. Everyone else though knows he can't defend.  

I'm positive that Dunfermline fans have rightfully been pointing out he's gubbins from the very start, definitely wasn't just BPM who thought he was the next big thing... 

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I seem to remember a game when a pars fan said Higgy had him on toast only to be shot down by several falkirk posters.

He was also highly praised on the radio and in the media.

Theres obviously a blame culture on certain players at the club, after finishing so close in two seasons it was only natural that Falkirk players would give up a bit. Trying your best and failing twice, only natural?

Houston had an excellent and entertaining side and should have moved on after last season. He was and is a good manager much your players from last season. Hartley will need to rebuild.

Pars fans did similar with Forbes, Reilly and Stirling. Good players.

Craigen was never a main feature of our first 11. He couldn't even get a game for that shite so can't lump him with the shower that didn't try. I think he did. Just he wasn't very good when he did play.