Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Thought he looked very dangerous on Saturday. His wee flick on Talbot's cross was sublime (saw it described as scrappy!) for the second goal. 

He had a great game. Loved when he took on  about six of them.... dropping two of them on their arse. He'll score this weekend and get right back on top form. 

AJ says he's looking to get in a couple of players. M'Voto's performance the other day might change his thinking if a central defender was on his list. Williamson doesn't offer as much as an attacking force without Higgy alongside him but having Paton in that midfield three works well. Right back at least for competition and an attacking/creative midfielder would be on my shopping list. A young, peak form Jackie Macnamara type and a young peak form Stevie Bell or Davie Irons type. And if we're 2-0 up, don't be afraid to chuck on Andy Ryan or Aird with more than 10 seconds left please AJ. 

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ says he's looking to get in a couple of players. M'Voto's performance the other day might change his thinking if a central defender was on his list. Williamson doesn't offer as much as an attacking force without Higgy alongside him but having Paton in that midfield three works well. Right back at least for competition and an attacking/creative midfielder would be on my shopping list. A young, peak form Jackie Macnamara type and a young peak form Stevie Bell or Davie Irons type. And if we're 2-0 up, don't be afraid to chuck on Andy Ryan or Aird with more than 10 seconds left please AJ. 

I don't get why he waits so long. It was obvious that a couple of players were knackered - especially MacManus, who looked absolutely fucked and could barely move. 

Still think another central midfielder is the priority. I really liked Paton, Nat and Shiels in the middle on Tuesday but we need cover. 

Looking at the competent midfielders we have let go over the last 18 months - Geggan, Falkingham, McCabe, Herron - any one of those would have been a decent squad player at the moment. 

On 02/01/2018 at 16:23, Ludo*1 said:

You're apparently after James Vincent (HAHAHAH) and Kosta Gadzhalov (Cult hero, cracking CH and all round good guy). Think Gadz would be a loan. I can only hope Vincent is permanent.

Dundee fan who post regularly on dafc.net says otherwise 

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1663447&t=1663447

Dundee fan who post regularly on dafc.net says otherwise 
http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1663447&t=1663447

What's he saying differently? I think if you asked most Dundee fans, you'd realise that Vincent is horrific. Gadz is a class act and would stroll the Championship. He's just not as good as Hendry or Meekings.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's he saying differently? I think if you asked most Dundee fans, you'd realise that Vincent is horrific. Gadz is a class act and would stroll the Championship. He's just not as good as Hendry or Meekings.

How likely is it that we would be allowed to sign Gadzhalov permanently? If we sign Vincent on a 6-month loan as rumoured, then the only way we can sign KG is if he's released. 

Edited by dafcburty

How likely is it that we would Gadzhalov permanently? If we sign Vincent on a 6-month loan as rumoured, then the only way we can sign KG is if he's released. 

I've just answered you in the other thread - but very likely. There were rumours he and McCann fell out and he's just not in favour with McCann. He only has 6 months left on his contract whilst Vincent has 18 months.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've just answered you in the other thread - but very likely. There were rumours he and McCann fell out and he's just not in favour with McCann. He only has 6 months left on his contract whilst Vincent has 18 months.

Aye, sorry about the double post lol. 

Gadzhalov can play CB only? Or can be cover elsewhere? We've got 4 CBs but one can cover both RB and LB too so I'm thinking if KG can cover RB and CB e.g. then it could be a decent deal to leave us with cover at both FB positions as well as more than enough options at CB also. 

I like this Gadzhalov already. One of those "can't be arsed spelling/pronouncing his name every time, so let's call him by the first few letters of his surname." See also; Faissal "Faiss" El Bakhtaoui.

Aye, sorry about the double post lol. 

Gadzhalov can play CB only? Or can be cover elsewhere? We've got 4 CBs but one can cover both RB and LB too so I'm thinking if KG can cover RB and CB e.g. then it could be a decent deal to leave us with cover at both FB positions as well as more than enough options at CB also. 

He was signed initially as a player that can play CDM. He played there once (Admittedly before he could speak English) and had one of the worst performances I had ever seen. Looked like he had never played football before.

To be fair, his performances at CH weren't significantly better but it was clear that a lot of his issues was down to communication.

He learned the language but has still never been deployed at CDM since. He's very strong, good in the air, and classy with the ball at his feet but he does tend to have a habit of going braindead at times.

He could play at RB in a pinch but I wouldn't recommend it, he's got the frame of a CH and it'd just look out of place.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it possible that he simply doesn't work well with the players around him? And you say "most Dundee fans" do you mean you and your pals? 

Edited by P475

"Rumours"? 

No, I mean most Dundee fans. Check the forums, social media, pretty much anything. Gadzhalov is well liked.

Vincent is a joke figure. So much so that there is an audible groan at Dens when he's announced to the point that I've felt sorry for him a few times. He's just not cut out for top flight football. He's an absolute shitebag.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

"Rumours"? 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was signed initially as a player that can play CDM. He played there once (Admittedly before he could speak English) and had one of the worst performances I had ever seen. Looked like he had never played football before.

To be fair, his performances at CH weren't significantly better but it was clear that a lot of his issues was down to communication.

He learned the language but has still never been deployed at CDM since. He's very strong, good in the air, and classy with the ball at his feet but he does tend to have a habit of going braindead at times.

He could play at RB in a pinch but I wouldn't recommend it, he's got the frame of a CH and it'd just look out of place.

Tbh, Gadzahlov sounds ideal for us as we need at least 1 more CM and another defender as backup cover wouldn't go amiss either. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

No, I mean most Dundee fans. Check the forums, social media, pretty much anything. Gadzhalov is well liked.

Vincent is a joke figure. So much so that there is an audible groan at Dens when he's announced to the point that I've felt sorry for him a few times. He's just not cut out for top flight football. He's an absolute shitebag.

This  doesn't sound promising if that's the case. Maybe the step down is his level? 

9 minutes ago, smpar said:

I like this Gadzhalov already. One of those "can't be arsed spelling/pronouncing his name every time, so let's call him by the first few letters of his surname." See also; Faissal "Faiss" El Bakhtaoui.

Kevin "Rusty" "Dinky" Ruktiewic0z

4 minutes ago, P475 said:

Is it possible that he simply doesn't work well with the players around him? And you say "most Dundee fans" do you mean you and your pals? 

Tbf that view on his is pretty unanimous from whatever Dundee fan I've ever seen.

You never know, he might be one of those guys that with a change in scenery and coaching staff he improves, McManus, M'Voto and Robinson were pretty unanimously mocked by Rovers fans and they've done alright.