Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Out of curiosity what path do you see the board taking us?

It seems very orientated towards a certain type of fan, the family club main stand type, the type of fan that the board are. Again this is totally fine but for me takes a bit of the edge off supporting us. There just doesn't seem to be the same kind of bite in the atmosphere at games. Sanitised I guess you could say. Again this is all my opinion but when I think back to even a few years ago there was always a ferocity from the cage area that just doesn't seem to be in the ground anywhere anymore. An again that's totally fine but for me football is better with a bit of the kind of savage, native atmosphere to it. 

with the closure of the section of the NW which has killed off any atmosphere at the games and the bland pointless family club orientated statements that were coming out almost weekly.  

The closure of the cage was a police decision wasn't it? As for the statements, can you point to any particular one you disagree with? I can only remember a couple, these either condemned homophobic chants and the most recent one supporting sheils after the unacceptable abuse he received

7 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

I've simply stated IN MY OPINION that the board seem far too nicey nicey when it comes to making what is a potentially big decision. If you're happy to pull the wool over your eyes and accept piss poor performances and one win in eight games, most of which were against teams below us in the league, because we have built a new gym or whatever other kind of corporate pish you spouted that's fine, that's your opinion. I'm personally more bothered about what's happening on the pitch and that's nowhere near good enough. 

If you want to keep rolling out the old cliche about 'you only post when things go bad' that's also fine, the facts would prove otherwise though. I simply don't constantly post for the sake of it, I only post when I feel the need to say something.

Cue another hysterical rant coming at me.

Most teams have been below us in the league for the past 8 games tbf.

While the cage area was closed the board were very open and willing to get all the fans in a different part of the stadium, don't see much more the board could have done. I would've been a bit gutted if we'd taken a fine, in turn impacting on our chance to get players in etc. That would've been a waste of money.

Also, I very much appreciate being kept in the loop about what's happening at the club. It's not a negative that we are getting much better at PR.

Only people I've seen upset at the board are the same ones that didn't like being told off for homophobic chants. If these folk need that sort of shite for a "traditional" football atmosphere then I'd love them to all f**k off tbh.

47 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also, I very much appreciate being kept in the loop about what's happening at the club. It's not a negative that we are getting much better at PR.

Only people I've seen upset at the board are the same ones that didn't like being told off for homophobic chants. If these folk need that sort of shite for a "traditional" football atmosphere then I'd love them to all f**k off tbh.

Exact same mentality as the c***s that think sectarianism is "just adding atmosphere"

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can see positives in a lot of what they do but I don't want us to turn into another, for example St Johnstone or Hamilton in terms of support.

On your other point I know many people who are less than anamred at some board decisions who, like myself, don't sit anywhere near certain singers but don't use these type of sites to air their opinion. 

It can only be a healthy thing that not everyone agrees with every decision that's made as it opens up alternatives to the board. I simply get the feeling though that they would only listen to suggestions by certain fans. That's all I'm saying now I'm away to get buckled in Legends. COYP! 

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

I can see positives in a lot of what they do but I don't want us to turn into another, for example St Johnstone or Hamilton in terms of support.

On your other point I know many people who are less than anamred at some board decisions who, like myself, don't sit anywhere near certain singers but don't use these type of sites to air their opinion. 

It can only be a healthy thing that not everyone agrees with every decision that's made as it opens up alternatives to the board. I simply get the feeling though that they would only listen to suggestions by certain fans. That's all I'm saying now I'm away to get buckled in Legends. COYP! 

We have an average attendance 70 higher than St Johnstone's last season.

I'm less than enamoured at your butchery of the english language.

Rolled my eyes so hard at this line i almost snapped my optical nerve.  See also: "punished for supportin mah club!"

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

We have an average attendance 70 higher than St Johnstone's last season.

I'm less than enamoured at your butchery of the english language.

Rolled my eyes so hard at this line i almost snapped my optical nerve.  See also: "punished for supportin mah club!"

You focus on the English lessons neebs meanwhile we are getting humped again. Peace. 

One win in nine :lol: It was funner watching us under John Potter than this West Coast clown. I was lambasted for suggesting we could easily follow the same path as Rovers last year but I can't see where the next win comes from with the shape this muppet sets us up to play in. It's cool though I'm just an idiot and AJ deserves more time and money to throw away trying to turn us round. Maybe we should sign another striker? 

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

One win in nine :lol: It was funner watching us under John Potter than this West Coast clown. I was lambasted for suggesting we could easily follow the same path as Rovers last year but I can't see where the next win comes from with the shape this muppet sets us up to play in. It's cool though I'm just an idiot and AJ deserves more time and money to throw away trying to turn us round. Maybe we should sign another striker? 

Calm down. Drawing with Dumbarton and Morton isn't the same as getting horsed off of Stranraer and Forfar etc.

Why do you hate the manager? It clearly goes beyond you not rating him as a manager given the personal insults you've been using. What has he done to you to make it personal, as you surely don't hate a guy and aim so much vitriol at him just because he's not performing recently?

And of course you'll try and twist this as it meaning that I'm fine with the situation. I'm clearly not and neither is anyone else.

I'm not yet at the state where I would say he should be sacked, but then I've only been to 1 game during this shit run (last week) so haven't had to suffer through what have by all accounts been performances ranging from deeply mediocre to fucking abysmal. However should he be punted I wouldn't complain, should the club be able to afford it.

And before anyone says we can't afford to not sack him (not directing this at anyone in particular just something I've heard before) that doesn't magic money that doesn't exist out of nowhere.

I can't say I have any idea of if the finances would be there to sack him or not, although his contract is a rolling one is it not?

Anyway, I don't get the feeling that the board are even close to punting him just now. That's not based on anything (I don't have 'sources') but is just a feeling I have.

Calderwood once lost 7 in a row and wasn't punted, so it's not entirely inconceivable that the current manager could turn things around. Not saying that he will mind and seems incredibly unlikely though, especially with the state of the central midfield options.

Edited by DA Baracus

Starting to lose faith in the man. It’s a hard one. It’s not panic stations but definitely deserves some thought of where we’re going forward. Missing out on a play-off would be a disaster for the man. How long do you give him? Unsure. Can we even afford to pay him off and hire someone else? Also unsure. Awk well, at least it’s Christmas soon.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Calm down. Drawing with Dumbarton and Morton isn't the same as getting horsed off of Stranraer and Forfar etc.

Why do you hate the manager? It clearly goes beyond you not rating him as a manager given the personal insults you've been using. What has he done to you to make it personal, as you surely don't hate a guy and aim so much vitriol at him just because he's not performing recently?

And of course you'll try and twist this as it meaning that I'm fine with the situation. I'm clearly not and neither is anyone else.

I'm not yet at the state where I would say he should be sacked, but then I've only been to 1 game during this shit run (last week) so haven't had to suffer through what have by all accounts been performances ranging from deeply mediocre to fucking abysmal. However should he be punted I wouldn't complain, should the club be able to afford it.

And before anyone says we can't afford to not sack him (not directing this at anyone in particular just something I've heard before) that doesn't magic money that doesn't exist out of nowhere.

I can't say I have any idea of if the finances would be there to sack him or not, although his contract is a rolling one is it not?

Anyway, I don't get the feeling that the board are even close to punting him just now. That's not based on anything (I don't have 'sources') but is just a feeling I have.

Calderwood once lost 7 in a row and wasn't punted, so it's not entirely inconceivable that the current manager could turn things around. Not saying that he will mind and seems incredibly unlikely though, especially with the state of the central midfield options.

I'm personally just sick of shelling out decent money every week to have a shit show like that put on. I've already stated I've nothing against him personally and that he seems like a decent guy, but he's stealing a wage from the club we pay into as he's certainly not a football manager. 

Im not going to try and twist anything, I simply state what I think and why I think it then deal with the pish that comes my way off the back of my opinions. 

Football is a harsh business and he deserves to lose his job as the performances and points total for this quarter have been abysmal. It's reached the point at games when you can hear the crowds unrest towards him. If he doesn't go more bodies from the stands will and that is now a fact unfortunately as right now it's nowhere near value for money going to East End to see his shambles of a squad he has concocted. 

Stealing a wage :lol:

It's quite clearly personal as the insults against him in your posts show. You could just say you think he's a shit manager but your posts go further.

If he's not a manager then how do you explain the good results under him?

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Being fitter than other sides. Saints missing players. Falkirk two players sent off yet still score against us. Livvy aird wonder goal at the right time. It was a flash in the pan. Found out now.

:lol: