Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, smpar said:

Ross the Toss loves a statement or 20 !

No surprise he is praising the compliance officer, he must have him on speed dial the number of complaints he has made about other Clubs.

No surprise he is praising the compliance officer, he must have him on speed dial the number of complaints he has made about other Clubs.

Of course. You won’t be McArthur’s biggest fan, since he’s quick to condemn racist c***s like yourself.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

f**k off you racist wankstain.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Lol. The fake news again

whats your view of the pars fans abuse of falkirks black players ?

Imagine trying to point score and prove you aren't racist then completely categorising two players under their skin colour rather than using their individual names. Shocker. 

On 12/5/2017 at 14:40, All-Star-Par said:

I would concur with this, he seems like a nice enough guy but personally I don't think he has enough about him tactically to take us up. I also wouldn't wait to the end of the season purely due to the fact that this league is here for the taking this year, United aren't world beaters and we have already pumped the other two above us. If we could put a decent run together we could win this thing and we might not get as good a chance again for sometime. 

I am also aware that the board won't have the stones to roll that dice though. Everything is bubbling along nicely for the whole 'family club' nice image that they're keen to portray and a managerial change might disrupt that as AJ will be seen with having been with us 'through this whole journey zzzzzz' but in reality for a lot of us the club is going stale under the current management on the park (tried extremely hard not to mention boring or turnstiles). All my opinion of course.

What is this utter shit? The board don't 'have the balls' to fire a guy because of a poor run? The entire club is going 'stale' because of a poor run of results?! What does that even mean? Please explain that one.

Of course the board wouldn't be stupid enough to fire the manager, given that he's not done anything for his position to even be called in to question and given that it would financially be exceptionally stupid. Of course the manager has made mistakes, and should the poor run continue for longer then his position would have to be questioned, but he's not the first or last manager in that position. This is absolutely mental chat.

I get that you don't like the manager, or his style of play etc, and that's fine, everyone will have a different opinion. But calling in to question the integrity of the board and saying the club is going stale just because of a few defeats is fucking hysterial nonsense. It seems that it's you who doesn't have the balls, as the first sign of poor form has you coming out with the pish above. 

What do you expect the club to be doing? Do you seriously expect there to be funds to pay off a management team, hire a new one and sign new players in January? The club seem to be progressing nicely with various new things and new schemes being announced pretty regularly (e.g. new gym, recent partnership with Thomsons, Foodbank help, Tunnel Tiles, new club chaplain, Legends Wall, new Christmas gifts, calendar signing, new nutrition partner, armed forces covenant, Lap of Honour Whisky etc); if you think that's the club going stale, then what do you suggest they do?

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

What is this utter shit? The board don't 'have the balls' to fire a guy because of a poor run? The entire club is going 'stale' because of a poor run of results?! What does that even mean? Please explain that one.

Of course the board wouldn't be stupid enough to fire the manager, given that he's not done anything for his position to even be called in to question and given that it would financially be exceptionally stupid. Of course the manager has made mistakes, and should the poor run continue for longer then his position would have to be questioned, but he's not the first or last manager in that position. This is absolutely mental chat.

I get that you don't like the manager, or his style of play etc, and that's fine, everyone will have a different opinion. But calling in to question the integrity of the board and saying the club is going stale just because of a few defeats is fucking hysterial nonsense. It seems that it's you who doesn't have the balls, as the first sign of poor form has you coming out with the pish above. 

What do you expect the club to be doing? Do you seriously expect there to be funds to pay off a management team, hire a new one and sign new players in January? The club seem to be progressing nicely with various new things and new schemes being announced pretty regularly (e.g. new gym, recent partnership with Thomsons, Foodbank help, Tunnel Tiles, new club chaplain, Legends Wall, new Christmas gifts, calendar signing, new nutrition partner, armed forces covenant, Lap of Honour Whisky etc); if you think that's the club going stale, then what do you suggest they do?

I've simply stated IN MY OPINION that the board seem far too nicey nicey when it comes to making what is a potentially big decision. If you're happy to pull the wool over your eyes and accept piss poor performances and one win in eight games, most of which were against teams below us in the league, because we have built a new gym or whatever other kind of corporate pish you spouted that's fine, that's your opinion. I'm personally more bothered about what's happening on the pitch and that's nowhere near good enough. 

If you want to keep rolling out the old cliche about 'you only post when things go bad' that's also fine, the facts would prove otherwise though. I simply don't constantly post for the sake of it, I only post when I feel the need to say something.

Cue another hysterical rant coming at me.

2 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

I've simply stated IN MY OPINION that the board seem far too nicey nicey when it comes to making what is a potentially big decision. If you're happy to pull the wool over your eyes and accept piss poor performances and one win in eight games, most of which were against teams below us in the league, because we have built a new gym or whatever other kind of corporate pish you spouted that's fine, that's your opinion. I'm personally more bothered about what's happening on the pitch and that's nowhere near good enough. 

If you want to keep rolling out the old cliche about 'you only post when things go bad' that's also fine, the facts would prove otherwise though. I simply don't constantly post for the sake of it, I only post when I feel the need to say something.

:lol: 

25 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Pish, pish and more pish.

But to be more serious; I never said it was fine that we were on a bad run. I even said if it continues then the manager's position should be looked at. I did say that a bad run doesn't suddenly mean the whole club is stale though.

I asked in what way it was stale. Please explain. Also what should the club be doing to stop them becoming stale?

I gave a short list of things from the past couple of months that, to me, show the club is trying to push ahead with things and are evidence that the club isn't stale. Some of the examples are corporate stuff, yes, but not all of them. I don't really see them as pish either; I see them as pretty decent (mostly) and signs that the club are trying to increase income and engage the community.

I never said you only post when things go bad.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Pish, pish and more pish.

But to be more serious; I never said it was fine that we were on a bad run. I even said if it continues then the manager's position should be looked at. I did say that a bad run doesn't suddenly mean the whole club is stale though.

I asked in what way it was stale. Please explain. Also what should the club be doing to stop them becoming stale?

I gave a short list of things from the past couple of months that, to me, show the club is trying to push ahead with things and are evidence that the club isn't stale. Some of the examples are corporate stuff, yes, but not all of them. I don't really see them as pish either; I see them as pretty decent (mostly) and signs that the club are trying to increase income and engage the community.

I never said you only post when things go bad.

For me things have went stale as every week on the park we have played the exact same since AJ took over, apart from last week ironically, coupled with the closure of the section of the NW which has killed off any atmosphere at the games and the bland pointless family club orientated statements that were coming out almost weekly. 

Obviously this is just something we feel polar opposite about which is healthy for a football club discussion. The ideal for both on and off the pitch for all fans is probably somewhere in between both our stances. I just feel the clubs being taken down a certain path which the board want it to be and that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not what I would choose to do.

Anyway enjoy your weekend.