Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it injury problems that have led to Hopkirk’s release?

That’s my thoughts. All this B.S. on here about not being good enough. I liked his direct style of play. He scored some excellent goals too. Is it possible he’d rather be getting played regularly as was fed up with being a standby to just be on the bench? Think he’ll end up somewhere like Dumbarton, scoring the goal that stops them getting relegated.

Best of luck to him.

9 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

That’s my thoughts. All this B.S. on here about not being good enough. I liked his direct style of play. He scored some excellent goals too. Is it possible he’d rather be getting played regularly as was fed up with being a standby to just be on the bench? Think he’ll end up somewhere like Dumbarton, scoring the goal that stops them getting relegated.

Best of luck to him.

Eight goals in his last 58 appearances for the club.

Bigger problem though was not taking advantage of his opportunities. He'd play well off the bench and then, when given a starting role, would do absolutely nothing to justify his inclusion. Best example of this being the Dundee United game, where he was completely abject.

I'm sure he'll find his level, which I suspect is upper League 1.

Full time training doesn't seem to agree with Hoppy. He looks in great shape but whereas the rest of the squad stay remarkably niggle free he must spend about 75% of the time crocked. Sure he could do a brilliant job for someone like Dumbarton. With the competition for starting places (and his regular injuries) in our front line he could expect to be a regular starter and as a wide player he's an okay stand in but not in the same bracket as Cardle or Higgy. 

Scored some very good and also some important goals for us - wish him all the best. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Had a look at the Ayr v Wee Team highlights. The Moff still doing some sterling work with the horror misses. 

Just had a wee look. Dear me. Not sure what one was worse; the one in the second half right in front of goal or the penalty.