Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Apparently West Brom and Bristol City are keeping an eye on Callum Smith. Tbh, even if they're waving a decent cash sum in our face, I'd rather (for his sake) he stayed with us for a couple of years at least and let him play as much first-team football as he can. It's not as if West Brom would be giving him any sort of game time in the EPL at his age.

47 minutes ago, smpar said:

Apparently West Brom and Bristol City are keeping an eye on Callum Smith. Tbh, even if they're waving a decent cash sum in our face, I'd rather (for his sake) he stayed with us for a couple of years at least and let him play as much first-team football as he can. It's not as if West Brom would be giving him any sort of game time in the EPL at his age.

Surprising considering that he's not really played all that much. 

I can't really see him starting many league games, if any, for us this season if Clark and McManus remain fit.

Surprising considering that he's not really played all that much. 
I can't really see him starting many league games, if any, for us this season if Clark and McManus remain fit.

He quickly burst into the scene tbf, played well against Hearts in a televised match and then scored within 2 minutes in a league game. After scoring (a couple?) for Scotland U19s I'd imagine he'd grabbed a few other clubs' attention.

Johnston seems keen on bringing on 2 strikers most games, so far Smith is probably averaging at least 25 minutes a week. As a 17-year-old in the Championship that's a decent amount of first-team experience.

Wouldn't have been expecting that, is there a source anywhere for it?

A decent amount of money and we'll take it I'd imagine, there's no guarantee he'll "make it", the better standard of training and facilities will help him out as well.

Wouldn't have been expecting that, is there a source anywhere for it?

A decent amount of money and we'll take it I'd imagine, there's no guarantee he'll "make it", the better standard of training and facilities will help him out as well.

The Courier (@courier_footy) tweeted it. Smith himself retweeted it but he's undone it.