Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Supporters council tonight guys 7pm with talks from Ross, Garry the sports scientist, Drew the newly appointed SLO and SFA and former FIFA assistant Ref to talk about his role. Hope some of you can make it along in the Purvis Lounge.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Being a boxer yourself, you will be familiar with the term "Can't put muscles on a chin."

Nats ruination at the elbows of Mr Miller is now complete.

Physical attacks are the only way teams can think of to stop us. Livi targeted poor Joe Cardle and gave us a penalty. It worked for Morton as they kicked poor defenceless Jason Talbot's face and he had to go off. St Mirren tried eye-gouging, Falkirk tried to hurt Nathaniel and look where that got you. Violence never solved anything. 

Reading some of the supporters' council stuff and it seems big Nat can't be dragged away from the gym (having previous never used the gym before coming to DAFC). 

That really scares me. He'll end up like one of these super-human machines that simply cannot be stopped.

That really scares me. He'll end up like one of these super-human machines that simply cannot be stopped.

Listen, and understand. That Nat is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

it has been a bit quiet in here of late probably because there's nothing to moan about and as the first quarter is almost up and we know our best team and how they can play is anyone missing the players we let go in the summer?

For me, we have significantly strengthened

Geggan/ Williamson-  Ryans final ball this season has been superb and with showing signs of improving his defensive work he cant be far off a Scotland call-up (U21)  also Andy despite being a modern legend hasn't been setting the heather alight in Ayr and I think it was the right decision by AJ to let him go at the right time for both parties.

Moffat/ McManus/ Smith- I don't think anyone would take Moffat over and of our strikers with Smiths play being superb setting up a few chances and with a few tidy finishes I described him as ultimate moff who will obviously get better with time whereas Micheal was getting on a bit and couldn't score against anyone other than Morton.

McCabe, Spence & Herron/ Splain, Lochhead & Sheilds- As primarily squad l players I imagine Splain and Lochhead are cheaper than our previous players and Sheilds is far more experienced and calm on the ball that Herron was.

McMullen/ Cardle & Hoppy- Although we didn't sign anyone to replace Paul being frozen out for a season, has given Joe a huge chip on the shoulder to prove everyone wrong and he was flying until his injury but hopefully, once he's back his form returns as well. Also Hopkirks season last year was plagued with injury and is showing what he can do and be a really useful squad player with an eye for goal

The way the season is going I'm happy with the squad and think the extra money we have floating for an extra player may be better spent securing out existing players in January or securing the services for players on Pre-contract agreements and using the 'emergency' loan system to fill in gaps in our squad should we run into injury concerns.

It has been a good spell and we've shown we can compete with anyone. United might just have too much quality for us but that wouldn't be the end of the world. It's the partnerships and understanding all over the pitch that has impressed me. Higgy knows at East End he can thread a ball through and someone will be on to it. Williamson knows where to put in crosses. Nat and Shiels keep everything to composed. McManus knows where to play and knows he'll get good service. Defence and keeper solid but we knew that already. 

Also, I was within a couple of feet away from Jason Talbot at the Glebe on Saturday. Took me about 20 minutes to concentrate again, the man is fucking beautiful.

Ryan Williamson has been called up to Scotland squad this morning with as far as I can make out Liam Smith as competition for RB and if his game against us was anything to go by Ryan will be keeping the jersey 

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

it has been a bit quiet in here of late probably because there's nothing to moan about and as the first quarter is almost up and we know our best team and how they can play is anyone missing the players we let go in the summer?

For me, we have significantly strengthened

Geggan/ Williamson-  Ryans final ball this season has been superb and with showing signs of improving his defensive work he cant be far off a Scotland call-up (U21)  also Andy despite being a modern legend hasn't been setting the heather alight in Ayr and I think it was the right decision by AJ to let him go at the right time for both parties.

Moffat/ McManus/ Smith- I don't think anyone would take Moffat over and of our strikers with Smiths play being superb setting up a few chances and with a few tidy finishes I described him as ultimate moff who will obviously get better with time whereas Micheal was getting on a bit and couldn't score against anyone other than Morton.

McCabe, Spence & Herron/ Splain, Lochhead & Sheilds- As primarily squad l players I imagine Splain and Lochhead are cheaper than our previous players and Sheilds is far more experienced and calm on the ball that Herron was.

McMullen/ Cardle & Hoppy- Although we didn't sign anyone to replace Paul being frozen out for a season, has given Joe a huge chip on the shoulder to prove everyone wrong and he was flying until his injury but hopefully, once he's back his form returns as well. Also Hopkirks season last year was plagued with injury and is showing what he can do and be a really useful squad player with an eye for goal

The way the season is going I'm happy with the squad and think the extra money we have floating for an extra player may be better spent securing out existing players in January or securing the services for players on Pre-contract agreements and using the 'emergency' loan system to fill in gaps in our squad should we run into injury concerns.

I'd imagine we'd use the regular loan system first. I have wondered why the manager hasn't brought any players in on loan, as his previous seasons have shown that he's a fan of the system. At first I thought that he'd been so badly hurt by Gavin Reilly that the use of the loan system just brought back painful memories, but now I think it's more that he'll just use it to plug gaps should injuries deplete the squad and leave us short in areas.