Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fais who? ...is he the young guy with a modicum of striking talent that lives North of Glenrothes now?

'em awa tae play wi the Dee, eh' .....'an feck meh medal tally eh'

Hi lads, just to ask about Lewis Spence here. He's only had limited game time with us but in the time he has had on the pitch he's been a complete buzz bomb. A player with a bit of a nasty streak which is exactly what we've needed and he's making a claim for our first team. I know you guys weren't keen on him and didn't care that you released him so I'm just popping in to ask what his negative sides are that I should expect once he settles into our team? Cheers in advance.

I thought he was decent when he first broke into the team but he never really built on that good start. He went to Brechin on loan and was by all accounts very good so we kept him on for another year but he never got a game really so he went back to Brechin, where he didn't reach the same heights and was in many ways felt inferior to another ex Pars youngster Finn Graham. I think there may be a player in there somewhere but he's not consistent enough and wasn't been able to nail a role in the team (is he a spoiler, an anchor man, a box to box type, an attacking midfielder? I have no idea even after watching him for a good few years).

On 12/07/2017 at 23:49, roman_bairn said:

Why do you think it's a wind up? I'd agree that an isolated defeat probably means nothing but you lot have had four consecutive thumpings.

You can carry on believing there's no issue and it will all be all right on the night. Personally I rather suspect that there's a more serious underlying issue and I would be a bit concerned if we were so underprepared looking.

On 13/07/2017 at 00:00, roman_bairn said:

Except that they are winning and banging in the goals, whilst your losing and leaking them?

Yes, I know they are only friendlies, but over a number of games for both clubs there a common theme.

Bump.

Hi lads, just to ask about Lewis Spence here. He's only had limited game time with us but in the time he has had on the pitch he's been a complete buzz bomb. A player with a bit of a nasty streak which is exactly what we've needed and he's making a claim for our first team. I know you guys weren't keen on him and didn't care that you released him so I'm just popping in to ask what his negative sides are that I should expect once he settles into our team? Cheers in advance.

I liked him allot when he first broke through, thought he was a cracking player with allot of potential. Wasn't afraid of a tackle while still happy to receive the ball from the defence and move it on, I missed most of later Dunfermline appearances so I've no idea what happened to be honest.

Top Tip. Don't let him go on any foreign jaunts with Ben Richards Everton.

I remember him scoring a cracker when on loan at Brechin. Apart from that he never set the heather on fire.

He was here when McCann was working as a coach at Dunfermline so obviously he saw something in him then