Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just go back to a physical paper book. Cheap to print no doubt and easy to man at the gate. Surely cheaper than any stupid scanner in the long run taking into account malfunctions, repairs etc. No doubt a dot net Brian recommendation again.

27 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

DAFC how could you critise people cheating the club out of money after what they did to people.  You should sit quietly in a corner and not stir up the hornets nest.:rolleyes:

JS22515066.jpg

On 6/13/2017 at 11:38, All-Star-Par said:

Pre season starts in two days doesn't it? Christ you know we are struggling when the lads won't even be able to have a game of 5s between them! 

On 6/15/2017 at 13:59, smpar said:

Declan McManus :lol:

On 6/15/2017 at 14:07, Mr X said:

In nearly three times the number of starts and nearly double the appearances.

Put it this way, fans of every other club in the league just let out a collective sigh of relief

On 6/15/2017 at 14:18, parfecto said:

What on earth is AJ playing at?

On 6/15/2017 at 14:31, Mr X said:

Reilly scored plenty of goals for us and I've no doubt will do just fine for Saintees, he's a decent player at this level.

McManus on the other hand ... well, isnt :lol:

On 6/15/2017 at 17:35, Mr X said:

emoji23.png

Who'd have thought McManus wouldn't be the funniest signing of the day.

On 6/15/2017 at 18:49, Parscelona said:

So three signings, two of whom were part of a side who got relegated from our league and a dude who hasn't played in a year...

Awesome.

On 6/21/2017 at 18:04, D.A.F.C said:

We should've went for Reid. Williamson isn't up to this level.

On 6/22/2017 at 18:04, D.A.F.C said:

I like this tactic of making our squad worse to get better results.

On 6/23/2017 at 17:51, D.A.F.C said:

McMullan to United. We are making a c**t of this.

On 6/23/2017 at 18:04, D.A.F.C said:

Don't see how Morton can get a better squad tbh

On 6/28/2017 at 18:34, D.A.F.C said:

It's great to see how our scouting network is finding such talents from 20 miles away. Seriously though I hope AJ gives us some news tomorrow. The squad is a joke atm.

On 6/30/2017 at 16:15, D.A.F.C said:

Our training is fantastic, to be able to pick out the worst players in the division and use sports science to turn them into the best within a week. Can't wait to see players who haven't played for a year easily brush aside the likes of Sibbald and Fyvie.

Also full credit to the scouts for traveling to far flung places like Kirkcaldy? Wherever that is.

Playing a winger at fullback and a fat guy upfront with Cardle cutting inside will be a joy to watch. What an improvement.

:lol:

On 7/8/2017 at 20:45, steakngravy said:

He He He,  Alan Johnston magic. :P;)

On 7/12/2017 at 18:19, D.A.F.C said:

Sensible statement as always from the chairman but I would ask how other sides managed to recruit better players when their income seems lower, in terms of crowds. If we can recruit quality a month into the season then it is worth waiting but it could backfire. Perhaps the Reilly effect is still being felt.
emoji38.png

On 7/14/2017 at 20:38, D.A.F.C said:

Indeed. He can't even play football he is so good.

I was skeptical on us signing McManus. We all knew there was a player in there, though, and he's starting to show his best with us. Here's hoping he keeps it up. Been brilliant so far. 

On 6/9/2017 at 20:34, Poet of the Macabre said:

Totally disagree that Cardle isn't cut out for the Championship. He lacks consistency but he still has quality.

I'm fairly confident our first choice XI will be pretty handy but our depth does look scary at the minute. Perhaps they have high hopes for a couple of the Under 20 guys?

bola_cristal.jpg

On 6/9/2017 at 20:37, Shandon Par said:

I agree about Cardle. A good preseason and he could be like a new signing. AJ has to be creative and work with what he has got. Joe can score against anyone.

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I was skeptical on us signing McManus. We all knew there was a player in there, though, and he's starting to show his best with us. Here's hoping he keeps it up. Been brilliant so far. 

Going by highlights of your games he appears to be playing on the shoulder of the defender allowing him to make those runs in behind. That's where he was at his best for us in League 1 due to his pace. When we had him in the Championship he played a bit deeper which didn't really suit his style. If he's given a run of games this season in his best position I wouldn't be surprised if he's up there with the top goalscorers in the league. An absolute certainty to score against us. 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Wonder how this would work with concessions, though. Say you buy a child's ticket on your phone, how can they tell at the scanner you aren't cheating the club out of money? Is there a screen that shows what kind of ticket the punter is scanning?

Log in and dedicated devices. Also separating the gates and having a steward watch people coming through.

Certainly makes more sense than queueing up, buying a ticket, queuing up, scanning a ticket...

We had 3 wins from 3 at this stage last season and McManus looked great...it's still very early doors.

Dunfermline don't have Gary Locke or John Hughes managing them though so I'd imagine you'll do pretty well.