Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Statement from the club explaining the delays for getting in the ground on Saturday. It mentions that some folk missed the first two goals? I missed the first myself but only by a bawhair, and I didn't think many folk were behind me.

Statement from the club explaining the delays for getting in the ground on Saturday. It mentions that some folk missed the first two goals? I missed the first myself but only by a bawhair, and I didn't think many folk were behind me.

I missed the first and there were a few behind me, but wouldn't have thought folk would still be outside at the second goal.

Fordyce left because he wanted and needed first team football. He was always going to be behind Morris and Ashcroft. Clearly Big Jock and Martin are happy to sit on the bench until they get a chance.

48 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Credit to the club for the statement and apology. It was a total farce on Saturday and the crowd wasn't that big ffs. What would they have done if there had been another couple thousand show up. Vital they get it sorted for the St Mirren as it's been a mess both home games so far.

Sounds like they've gotten a company to do it on the cheap and have gotten what they paid for.

Probably should have scrapped it for the Falkirk game and worked on it for the next home one. Was always going to be a shambles considering the delays at ICT the week before. This is obviously a money saving exercise by the board but it's really not benefited us fans in any way so far so hopefully the issues get ironed out quickly before it backfires on them like some other decisions so far this season.

I'd rather have Dycey pre injury than M'Voto and Martin. After he came back he didn't do to well but I know he suffered mentally following the injury so he probably wasn't in the best frame of mind. The 4-3 win over St.Mirren was a prime example. We were in complete control but two defensive errors gave Sutton two chances and he scored with them.

It's all well and good telling fans they have to turn up early to get in to a stadium that is usually three quarters early, but it's just another little thing that, when added to many other little things, annoys people and puts them off attending.

I'm not saying folk don't/won't attend because they're told to turn up early before the hard of thinking try to claim this. 

Basically the club shouldn't be in a situation where they're pretty much telling folk that they should arrive early, rather than when people would prefer, to gain entry to a ground where there are usually circa 8300 free seats. For busy games it's perfectly reasonable to ask that folk turn up early, but for run of the mill games, it's not the best and is seen as an inconvenience to some people.

Edited by DA Baracus

From what I gather being up at the club doing the maintenance the guys doing the turnstiles are some English based company who only seem to carry out this work, one of the guys was saying they were doing Charlton not too long ago. It looked to be pretty much operational last Thursday with a few bits of wiring to get fixed, so I think it will be up and running vs St Mirren. I agree with the post above and surely the natural progression is a QR code ticket on your phone which the scanner scans.

29 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

From what I gather being up at the club doing the maintenance the guys doing the turnstiles are some English based company who only seem to carry out this work, one of the guys was saying they were doing Charlton not too long ago. It looked to be pretty much operational last Thursday with a few bits of wiring to get fixed, so I think it will be up and running vs St Mirren. I agree with the post above and surely the natural progression is a QR code ticket on your phone which the scanner scans.

Wonder how this would work with concessions, though. Say you buy a child's ticket on your phone, how can they tell at the scanner you aren't cheating the club out of money? Is there a screen that shows what kind of ticket the punter is scanning?

Wonder how this would work with concessions, though. Say you buy a child's ticket on your phone, how can they tell at the scanner you aren't cheating the club out of money? Is there a screen that shows what kind of ticket the punter is scanning?

Go back to Concession and 'Adult' gates if you try to use a concession ticket in and Adult gate it wouldn't work and the Steward outside the gates who search bags could also challenge for proof of age or receipt of benefits?

On 8/22/2017 at 12:55, DAFC. said:

What is it they're actually trying to do? Changing the whole scanning system entirely? 

I think they're trying to move to a mostly unmanned system which would obviously save the cost of hiring 10-20 people to work the turnstiles and is a much better solution than asking for volunteers.

I think it's one of those things that, when working, will be absolutely brilliant but as soon as a slight thing goes wrong it will cause all kinds of merry hell. Much like any technology tbh.