Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Thanks for big Callum Fordyce lads, pretty dece.

You're welcome, he's a great defender and a very good leader, it's unfortunate that injury ruined his time with us.

Luckily he would be surplus to requirements here as he needs first-team football and we have two centre-backs better than him.

I wish him every success at Queens and wherever else he goes in his career (except against us of course)

You're welcome, he's a great defender and a very good leader, it's unfortunate that injury ruined his time with us.
Luckily he would be surplus to requirements here as he needs first-team football and we have two centre-backs better than him.
I wish him every success at Queens and wherever else he goes in his career (except against us of course)

Three, possibly four centre backs better. He's a good leader with good distribution but he's a fairly low level championship defender. You need better players than that to challenge for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

He's actually spot on. Fordyce made some awful mistakes for us playing in the Championship. 

Well, obviously we'll see where we end up. Its quite likely it will be mid table but theres nothing to suggest it will be because of Fordyce

It was more the claim that the Pars had three or four central defenders who are better to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, Hibs away last year unfortunately summed up Fordyce. Was absolutely superb and then had a huge f**k up that cost us a point.

He seems a great guy though and was unfortunate with injuries. Glad to see him doing well at Queens.

Wasnt that like his first game back after a year out?

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well, obviously we'll see where we end up. Its quite likely it will be mid table but theres nothing to suggest it will be because of Fordyce

It was more the claim that the Pars had three or four central defenders who are better to be honest.

I just hope somebody tries to claim M'voto is a better player than Fordyce. 

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We absolutely have two better centre-halfs in Morris and Ashcroft. I'd have Fordyce over M'Voto and would rate him similar to Lewis Martin.

It was his first game back. He still fucked up.

Ashcroft and Morris are easily better, I'd have M'voto as better although that's understandably contentious with Martin being level but with far more potential and versatility. Fordyce cost us loads of points last year with howling mistakes.

He does though come across as a great guy and i always hope anyone who's had an injury like that gets it all back together, good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Ashcroft and Morris are easily better, I'd have M'voto as better although that's understandably contentious with Martin being level but with far more potential and versatility. Fordyce cost us loads of points last year with howling mistakes.

He does though come across as a great guy and i always hope anyone who's had an injury like that gets it all back together, good luck to him.

lol

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We absolutely have two better centre-halfs in Morris and Ashcroft. I'd have Fordyce over M'Voto and would rate him similar to Lewis Martin.

It was his first game back. He still fucked up.

Two I wouldnt argue with

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aaand we're done

You just know that when he goes elsewhere, like every player deemed a dud at DA, he'll be banging them in every other week. And worse you won't have to wait for the vidiprinter, his name will be popping up in the results app on your phone.

I recalled this post yesterday as Reilly popped up twice. He'll no doubt score more goals against us in 4 fixtures, than he did from all the appearances for us he made in a season.

*I hope I am wrong on this.