Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Count me as Member No 1 in the "I don't give a f**k about Myles Hippolyte" club.

Just thinking of the state some folk will get themselves in on Saturday is horrific.

I'm Member #2.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Diamond`s_Debut_Double_&ID=10142 

A bit disappointing from Ryan. Only managed a "big club" rather than the obligatory "this is a massive club". 

The actual quote is "a big big club", and we all know that two 'bigs' are just as good as a 'massive' :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Was under the impression we didn't want or need another keeper but whatever.

Probably advisable that there are more than two goalkeepers in the squad tbh, if one is injured/suspended we'll still have a substitute GK at all times as per the rules. 

4 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Folk on .net saying Nicky should walk back into the team when fit. Surely he's got to fight for a place like everyone else...

Really depends on how the team are doing once he returns. He's one of our best players, so it would be hard to leave him out, but if McManus and Ryan are really banging them in and working well together, it would be difficult for Clark to get back in. If however we are struggling a bit for goals then the manager might put him back in. 

Also we don't see training, and the manager might see a partnership in training (McManus and Clark or Ryan and Clark for example) that he thinks is working well and could give it a try.

It's good to have options though.

You'll notice I didn't mention Smith, as whilst I think he's done very well since he came in, folk need to mind that he's 17 and not to get carried away. A couple of posts on here have gone over the top with him. You need to remember as well that he needs to adapt physically to full time professional football, and mentally. Hopefully he will fulfill the early promise he's shown and become a regular first team starter, but there's no need to rush him at this time. 

Personally I think he might go out on loan for a bit of the season.