Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He was on about 1.3k at Airdrie I'm sure, one of the main reasons they got into a bad spot. Can't see him taking a paycut to join the Pars.

Wage was the biggest reason we were struggling to get the deal over, Pars obviously got more money than us with us living within our means so will be interesting to see how he performs. His goals say enough, cracking signing well done!

So do we. In fact, I'm sure we've posted a profit in two consecutive financial years. Unlucky. 

So do we. In fact, I'm sure we've posted a profit in two consecutive financial years. Unlucky. 

That's not the way I read it tbf, I'm sure Atlis was pointing out that because Livingston are living within their means that they can't compete with us financially.

Andy Ryan was announced as a Dunfermline player 13.5 hours ago and he has already equalled Gavin Reilly's total for the entire 2016/17 season.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

DAFC.net is a very special place. £450,000 the fee for Ryan. 

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

The guy quoting 450k was clearly taking the piss.

25-30k is my guess.

Joke or not, I have no doubt that there are morons on .net who would believe it.

I don't think Calderwood paid that much for a player.

Amazing that Queens had him training with us after he left Hamilton but never offered him a deal .

Good signing but surprised that you could pay even £25,000 .

Did you not lose a lot of money last season  Do you not bother trying to balance the books just gamble in the hope you get promotion.

Think I would rather go the boring way and just spend what you can afford 

Just now, Northfield 53 said:

Amazing that Queens had him training with us after he left Hamilton but never offered him a deal .

Did you not lose a lot of money last season  Do you not bother trying to balance the books just gamble in the hope you get promotion.

Club has been profitable for the last 2 years for the first time since 1997, so no we won't be making the same mistakes as we have done before or the mistake Dundee Unt are doing just now. 

Another accountant. Pars living within their means, reporting profit over last two years. We still had some signings to make, but with cup money from Rangers game we were able to get someone contracted with a team.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

The Cup money should be banked surely not just spend it straight away.

Dunfermline have a very good squad who play attacking football you will always get that with Alan Johnston as manager.

I'm sure some of it was banked. We probably got at least over 100k from the rangers game and I doubt we paid that amount for the player. Probably about half of that at most.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Very easy to be wise after the event and a lucky draw against the OF.

We were hasty with them leaving without replacements, pretty risky but it could pay off.

I was wise before the event as well you gibbering fud.

Edited by TheMessiah

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He was on about 1.3k at Airdrie I'm sure, one of the main reasons they got into a bad spot. Can't see him taking a paycut to join the Pars.

Wage was the biggest reason we were struggling to get the deal over, Pars obviously got more money than us with us living within our means so will be interesting to see how he performs. His goals say enough, cracking signing well done!

Mad livi fan pollutes thread with complete and utter tosh! Did get the last sentence correct though.