Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's Airdrie relegated

You're welcome.
That's a smashing signing. Him, Shiels, Clark and Higginbotham looks like one of the strongest frontlines in the entire division on paper.

Don't laugh, but Declan McManus started the season on fire, will feel bad for him because I'd imagine it'll be Ryan and Clark as the first choice.

We're almost a bit top heavy with McManus, Clark, Smith, Hopkirk and now Ryan.

Signing someone whose League One goal tally is longer than Nat's chopper has always worked well for us.

Saying that, I'm happy with the signing.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Great signing but feel we need a midfielder more. If we can get Herron or similar it would make a difference.

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We're almost a bit top heavy with McManus, Clark, Smith, Hopkirk and now Ryan.

Exactly the same things that went through my head when I saw this. Someone going out on loan I would guess?

Centre mid needs addressed now.

I think Smith is too good to go on loan to League One. He has already given Hearts and ICT a hounding. Unless it was to someone Like Brechin or Dumbarton (but ban him from playing against us) I'm not sure what would be gained. From his performances so far it wouldn't be surprising if big clubs were sniffing about. 

He's still a kid, and could get 90 minutes most weeks in any League One side who need a striker. Let him play football just now, he's probably our 4th choice striker with Andy Ryan coming in and with Clark, McManus and Ryan fit, Smith probably wouldn't get much game time.

ETA: but if he's going to keep getting game time for us most weeks, then he'd be worth keeping.

Think we have to bear in mind that we don't have a development squad this season so if we have players who aren't getting a shot in the first team, the only football they're playing is in training.

I know he scored on Saturday but I'd quite happily see Hoppy move on loan to another team. Apart from his goal I don't think he done much else and in all fairness, if one of the current crop of strikers had to go then Smith offers more than Hoppy.

Only difference is Hoppy can play on the wing. If he used that strength a little bit more he could maybe play in the middle.

2 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Speaking to an Airdrie fan just yesterday about this lad and he said that a few offers had came in but were pretty poor. I made a joke about us maybe using the Rangers cash money to bid for him, I didn't really expect us to pay any sort of fee for anyone. Without knowing the figures it does seem Airdrie are in a bit of bother cash wise.

Anyway Ryan seems to be highly rated and scored goals for Airdrie but as usual I will reserve judgement until I see him.

Livi were interested in him but were put off by his wage demands, was wanting the same as Airdrie were paying him  and that was way above our budget for this season. Should score plenty goals in this division though, i'd have def liked to have seen us sign him. to replace Buchanan.

Exactly the same things that went through my head when I saw this. Someone going out on loan I would guess?
Centre mid needs addressed now.

Seems a bit a a shame to bump out smith or hoppy now they are coming onto a game but needs must.

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think Smith is too good to go on loan to League One. He has already given Hearts and ICT a hounding. Unless it was to someone Like Brechin or Dumbarton (but ban him from playing against us) I'm not sure what would be gained. From his performances so far it wouldn't be surprising if big clubs were sniffing about. 

You don't need to ban him from playing against you, League and SFA rules have forbid that for three years now.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Send Nicky Clark on loan to Queens, just to annoy Hawk. 

I'd love to have Nicky Clark back here but ironically right now the last thing we need is another striker with Dobbie, Lyle, Kane and Dykes all here already. It would annoy Hawk though.:lol: