Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's a smashing signing. Him, Shiels, Clark and Higginbotham looks like one of the strongest frontlines in the entire division on paper.

Combine that with one of the league's best 'keepers, and the fact you seem to have the Nat Wedderburn that Cowden fans raved about and you guys look as strong as anyone. You might even hit brackets against us this year.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's a smashing signing. Him, Shiels, Clark and Higginbotham looks like one of the strongest frontlines in the entire division on paper.

Combine that with one of the league's best 'keepers, and the fact you seem to have the Nat Wedderburn that Cowden fans raved about and you guys look as strong as anyone. You might even hit brackets against us this year.

Thats very kind. We did look fucking spectacular on Saturday right enough.

Just you guys keep taking points off of Falkirk and we'll promise to keep it to 'just the five'.

In all seriousness though, when was the last time we paid actual monies for a player?

Be really interested to see how he does. No doubt he's too good for League One, but then there are plenty of players in recent years who can score for fun in League One but struggle in the Championship. Really good finisher (his goal on Saturday is a typical example) and works hard. Will probably need to work on the rest of his game up a level, best of luck to him.

Speaking to an Airdrie fan just yesterday about this lad and he said that a few offers had came in but were pretty poor. I made a joke about us maybe using the Rangers cash money to bid for him, I didn't really expect us to pay any sort of fee for anyone. Without knowing the figures it does seem Airdrie are in a bit of bother cash wise.

Anyway Ryan seems to be highly rated and scored goals for Airdrie but as usual I will reserve judgement until I see him.

48 minutes ago, Astro said:

Thats very kind. We did look fucking spectacular on Saturday right enough.

Just you guys keep taking points off of Falkirk and we'll promise to keep it to 'just the five'.

In all seriousness though, when was the last time we paid actual monies for a player?

I believe it was David Hopkirk from Annan.   Although that was about £10k from what I recall.  The Airdrie statement is interesting in that we apparently outbid other teams.... 

Andy Ryan's longest dry spell in the league last season, was 2 games. His 23 league goals from last year, is greater than El Bakhtaoui's tally the year we won that league. When you consider Airdrie were certainly not as dominant, that is incredible. El Bakhtaoui also went through much longer dry spells than 2 games that year.

These stats suggests that Ryan is a clinical finisher and will take chances that come his way - something our strikers were guilty of not doing last year. I may be wrong, but that's what I'd guess, based on stats.

I'm not saying he's better than El Bakhtaoui, just thought it was impressive, when you compare his stats to our top striker, when we were at the same level. He looks like a great signing, let's hope he can live up to his reputation!

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Andy Ryan's longest dry spell in the league last season, was 2 games. His 23 league goals from last year, is greater than El Bakhtaoui's tally the year we won that league. When you consider Airdrie were certainly not as dominant, that is incredible. El Bakhtaoui also went through much longer dry spells than 2 games that year.

These stats suggests that Ryan is a clinical finisher and will take chances that come his way - something our strikers were guilty of not doing last year. I may be wrong, but that's what I'd guess, based on stats.

I'm not saying he's better than El Bakhtaoui, just thought it was impressive, when you compare his stats to our top striker, when we were at the same level. He looks like a great signing, let's hope he can live up to his reputation!

He also wasn't our penalty taker for the majority of the year. Scored 2 or 3 at the end of the season, but given that our 2nd top scorer scored about 10 penalties, Ryan could have been well over 30 for the season. And it was no vintage Airdrie team he was playing in either. 

To me the reality is that he is too good for Airdrie and, as a selling club, we have to make money on our greatest asset and let him move to bigger things. In my opinion he will continue to develop and within 2 years Dunfermline will also be cashing in and selling him to bigger things.

Great signing-enjoy.