Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Geggan Josh brad Byrne are better than mvoto or splaine

Reid is far better than Williamson

Mcausland as good as Ashcroft

Rooney and fordyce playing for a team in same div as us.

Overall at this moment in time it was a better squad than now. Higgy Clark and Morris would get in it.

Apart from Dundee United (you'd think), every team in this league is still looking for additional playing staff. It's frustrating sometimes and it can be argued that if we had been better prepared, we could have had the jump on a few of our rivals. But it's clearly a very difficult time for all clubs in the player recruitment department. With that in mind, I'd argue that we're not actually falling behind. 

With the players signed in the summer, we have a very strong spine to the squad and solid base to build around. Apart from the Rangers game and probably the first half v Livi, they've actually done quite well. It's been suggested on here that we only need two or three more. Theres still just under 3 weeks of the window to go so theres still a lot of time. If teams around us havent signed anyone stand-out, they must still be out there.

Also, any player signed at the end of August, rather than the beginning of July saves the club two months wages. Just a thought.

Edited by Astro

Tomorrow could be tough with the two main strikers out, other players with knocks or just getting back to fitness. We'll have a number of players who are probably League One standard up against a team that was in the top league last season. Then we have Falkirk. Tough start but with everyone fit and one or two additions we should be okay. Having a goalscorer like Clark is priceless and not having bombscares like Moff or Reilly taking penalties could mean an extra few points here and there. 

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Geggan Josh brad Byrne are better than mvoto or splaine

Reid is far better than Williamson

Mcausland as good as Ashcroft

Rooney and fordyce playing for a team in same div as us.

Overall at this moment in time it was a better squad than now. Higgy Clark and Morris would get in it.

Falkingham playing in the sixth tier of English football.

Reid and Geggan playing in League One.

Rooney and Fordyce wouldn't get near our best XI.

Ashcroft is comfortably better than McAusland.

We have poor depth in our squad but to say it's worse than League One standard is nonsense. Colour me shocked to see D.A.F.C start bitching once we lose. He'll disappear once again if we win tomorrow.

I wouldn't have Ashcroft as comfortably better than McAusland tbf, but Morris is, and Ashcroft is miles and miles better than any other Cb from that season (outwith McAusland)

People have selective memories of Geggan, we seem to have forgotten how bad he was at Cm at this level, and while he came into a run of form at Rb for the majority he was even worse than Williamson with someone running at him. I did like Reid at Rb though.

I'd have our current side as better than then, however I'd love Faiss back.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That team was playing against League One shite. Don't think it would hold up too well against better, full time teams.

Faiss would be perfect for us just now but I think I've finally accepted he ain't coming back.

Didn't we do all right against full time higher level teams that season? Beat Dundee, drew with Dundee Utd (in 90 mins) and Ross County and then lost narrowly at Ross County in the replay.

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We almost beat Hearts a couple of weeks ago, guess that means we'd cope well in the top flight. Ayr beat Killie so better include them as well.

And we have all the best players in the league so guaranteed champions league qualifiers for the supers 

We almost beat Hearts a couple of weeks ago, guess that means we'd cope well in the top flight. Ayr beat Killie so better include them as well.

Well no, we drew. And one off games are no real indicator. Four games isn't a whole lot better I admit, but to suggest that we wouldn't do well against full time teams seems a bit of a stretch.

We've actually got a fairly poor record against the top 3 teams from the championship and from the top tier, 17 games I make it and 1 win? Playing the same way against Cowdenbeath doesn't work against the top teams surprisingly. Hopefully Aj catches on.

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Geggan Josh brad Byrne are better than mvoto or splaine - literally based on nothing, the suggesting of Josh and Byrne being better than Splaine is laughable considering he's barely kicked a ball for us, was sad to see josh go but his career after us has shown he's not really up to much, reactionary, unsubstantiated hysterical bollocks as per usual.

Reid is far better than Williamson - Williamson has been, arguably, our best player so far this season, although you do seem to have a bizarre vandetta against him, probably because you know literally nothing about football and are a gibbering idiot..

Mcausland as good as Ashcroft - This is one of most ridiculous opinions you have ever stated on here, and considering you vomit an endless stream of ridiculous pish that is saying something.

Rooney and fordyce playing for a team in same div as us. - woop de-fucking-doo, Finn Graham and Euan Spark are also playing in the same division as it, it doesn't mean they're even remotely good enough for us.

I'm going to do something that your post does not merit or deserve in any way and take your post seriously and make my personal best 11 between now and then.

Murdoch (there for both)

Williamson (both) - Ashcroft (now) - Morris (now) - Talbot (both)

Higgy (now) - Nat (now) - Geggan (purely because I love him) - Cardle (both)

Clark (now) - Faiss (then)

So that's two player from then, that we don't have now, that would make it into our first 11, and 1 of them is purely down to sentiment and the fact we have next to no midfielders currently. The other is widely regarded as our best striker in recent years, who I might add you were raging that we decided to keep ahead of Ivan D'Angelo.

You literally know f**k all about Dunfermline, scottish football, or indeed football in general, you are a clueless fuckwit who, for some reason, insists on inflicting your driven upon everyone.

You pop up when we lose as if your unsubstantiated shite has somehow been proved right by a defeat then sit utterly silent when we win.

Just f**k off you boring c**t.

I'm going to do something that your post does not merit or deserve in any way and take your post seriously and make my personal best 11 between now and then.

Murdoch (there for both)

Williamson (both) - Ashcroft (now) - Morris (now) - Talbot (both)

Higgy (now) - Nat (now) - Geggan (purely because I love him) - Cardle (both)

Clark (now) - Faiss (then)

So that's two player from then, that we don't have now, that would make it into our first 11, and 1 of them is purely down to sentiment and the fact we have next to no midfielders currently. The other is widely regarded as our best striker in recent years, who I might add you were raging that we decided to keep ahead of Ivan D'Angelo.
You literally know f**k all about Dunfermline, scottish football, or indeed football in general, you are a clueless fuckwit who, for some reason, insists on inflicting your driven upon everyone.
You pop up when we lose as if your unsubstantiated shite has somehow been proved right by a defeat then sit utterly silent when we win.
Just f**k off you boring c**t.

You say you know about football but say Williamson is better than Craig Reid.
LoL