Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Got to laugh at the Falkirk fans deriding Aird for being a bigot yet they still talk fondly of Scott Mackenzie who was unceremoniously punted from St Mirren for spewing bigoted nonsense at a POTY do before being welcomed back to Brockville with open arms. 

McKenzie was a great player for us and worked hard on the pitch. It's hilarious that St.Mirren fans are still bitter about the fact he didn't perform with a lower standard of player around him. ;-)

Edited by Rizzo

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Got to laugh at the Falkirk fans deriding Aird for being a bigot yet they still talk fondly of Scott Mackenzie who was unceremoniously punted from St Mirren for spewing bigoted nonsense at a POTY do before being welcomed back to Brockville with open arms. 

Contract escape tactic, imo. What a guy. 

The absolute state of you c***s saying you're willing to give him a chance. Have some fucking self respect. 

Personally, I'll be shouting abuse at him from the very moment he walks onto the pitch in a Dunfermline top and will absolutely point blank refuse to celebrate if he does somehow manage to fluke a goal, even if said goal is a 95th minute winner against Raith in the Scottish Cup Final.

I actually thought like a lot of our fans that Aird would have been a decent signing for us. But he simply wasnt interested, spent more time on social media hawking his love for all things ***. Prob a player in there somewhere but until he sorts his attitude out his career will go down the pan fast. Good luck with him. 

That's Houston logic. Like when their players cheat but it's our fault.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

He was decent against us at East End in that evening televised game against Rangers in League One, long, long ago.

League one.....titter

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm torn on whether or not to be happy about Aird going to Dunfermline.  He's Canadian and a full International but also a former Rangers player so I don't know.  From what I have seen of him playing for Canada and Vancouver in MLS he's OK but not great.  Falkirk fans have seen him regularly more recently

Read his twitter feed

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Has Aird actually done anything bigoted apart from playing for the current occupants of Ibrox?   I don't remember hearing of him doing anything bigoted but I wasn't paying much attention to the lower leagues when he was playing there

See above...

I actually couldn't care a fuk how green or blue a player is for each bigot deranged Glasgow club as long as he performs well enough for my club.

This is where Aird falls.....where his bigot performances were the bigger story than his performances.

I did stick by him as long as I could, circumstances more than performances tho a large slice was probably his performance against a poor Scotland. 

True evaluation is that he didn't even get close to his mom performance v Scotland

Not too fussed what others say about players like McManus or Aird tbh. We were all told that Wedderburn was gash but he is a beast at DM. He had one off game against Falkirk, so maybe he is actually totally shite. Not that any decent footballers have had at least one bad game a season or anything. Same with McMullan. We were all told how shite he was from Morton and St. Mirren fans. He done well for us, was a nuisance for the opposition and got a deal to Dundee United off the back of that season.