Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Tried to find a post I'd made about Faissal a few months back and ended up seeing this absolute cracker.
Sorel Chemin [emoji38]

A few months back try years.
At that time both were fringe players with the same game time. Did you not claim to have pumped hayden panitierre?

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Did you not also say you blocked me?

I felt bad and unblocked all the Pars posters. We're all one big happy, black and white family at the end of the day, eh?

I'm guessing you feel a bit daft for losing the rag before realising I wasn't even discussing you. As for your point that both were "fringe players with the same game time"; Faissal had made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals by this point, while Chemin made 3 sub appearances, totalling less than one half of football, with no goals.

Clark being out would be a blow but hopefully Shiels can step into the breach. Could be a big chance for Callum Smith as well.

Hopefully we give Smith some game time, he looks like he has potential, we'll never get to see it fully though if we don't give him game time.

You could also play Lochead of Shiels?

Will believe it only if the club announce it, not some stupid rumour from .net (this is the same site who said that we had Ross Forbes on trial last month).

As others have pointed out, we have some options if this is true, plus we could sign someone for all we know (didn't we have a couple of strikers on trial?). 

Edited by DA Baracus

I like the look of Smith, and I do hope he gets some quality game time. I'd worry if he's the only striker available though, as Shiels sounds as if he'll be in midfield.

ETA McManus is on the SFA suspension list for two matches.

Clark was carrying an injury for the last couple of months of the season so maybe something that needs a tidy-up op? AJ does his Thursday updates so will find out soon enough. Hopkirk always crocked but Smith looks handy. It could be the ideal time to try out the Nat/M'Voto front pairing I've been advocating. Worst case we could even stick Higgy or Cardle up front for a game or two. 

Will believe it only if the club announce it, not some stupid rumour from .net (this is the same site who said that we had Ross Forbes on trial last month).
As others have pointed out, we have some options if this is true, plus we could sign someone for all we know (didn't we have a couple of strikers on trial?). 

Might be wrong here, but I'm sure this came up a couple of months back and a Morton fan pointed out he still had a year on his contract. Might be thinking of someone else though.

Clark was carrying an injury for the last couple of months of the season so maybe something that needs a tidy-up op? AJ does his Thursday updates so will find out soon enough. Hopkirk always crocked but Smith looks handy. It could be the ideal time to try out the Nat/M'Voto front pairing I've been advocating. Worst case we could even stick Higgy or Cardle up front for a game or two. 

Not long after we signed Higgy, a few Thistle fans said his best position was sitting just in front of the midfield and in behind the striker(s). A possible front line could be

Smith
Higgy
Cardle - Wedderburn - Shiels - Paton

9 minutes ago, smpar said:

Might be wrong here, but I'm sure this came up a couple of months back and a Morton fan pointed out he still had a year on his contract. Might be thinking of someone else though.

It was so patently nonsense that he was on trial with us, yet the .net cretins were falling over themselves to believe it.

Why would Morton let a guy who they consider to be one of their best and most influential players, a guy who was playing in their friendly games in his usual position, go on trial to a direct rival in the same league? Why would they actually be paying the wages of one of their best players in order for him to go on a trial with a direct rival? Why would the player himself agree to it?

Even if somehow it was true, there would be no way we could afford the transfer fee anyway.

But of course it wasn't true. Only a staggeringly stupid person would have believed it.