Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Feel genuinely gutted for Bell, before his injury he was becoming one of our best players, career was cruelly ruined by his injury.

Feel sorry for Nicky Phinn too, was one of our best playersfor a season, won YPOTY and then didn't really get another chance.

Apparently you have Dean Ebbe on trial.  We signed him from an Irish second tier team, he never really got on in the first team but scored a few goals for our development team last season.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Bradley Fewster was the other on trial I think. Certainly looks the most promising. Played at a decent level down south, looks a quick, nippy wee player.

Any idea who got the Saints goals?

8 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Believe it was John Sutton from the spot twice and someone else got the third.

Was it definitely John Sutton? That's a really weird one - we just released him last summer and he's carried on being a complete huddy for St Mirren! 

Was it definitely John Sutton? That's a really weird one - we just released him last summer and he's carried on being a complete huddy for St Mirren! 

That's what I heard from someone who was there. May just be to get a bit of game time, since he's getting none at St Mirren.

St Mirren don't need other strikers now that they have Gav. AJ might have gone off target men after having El Alagui in the team resulted in the rest of them turning into carthorses and lumping the ball at him. I thought Sutton looked decent when we last played them at East End. Used the ball well. Would prefer El Bak. 

1 hour ago, forzapars said:

That's what I heard from someone who was there. May just be to get a bit of game time, since he's getting none at St Mirren.

Are you genuinely suggesting that he was actually playing for St Johnstone in this game?

Are you genuinely suggesting that he was actually playing for St Johnstone in this game?

I'm genuinely suggesting because I was told he was playing. That's not saying that if someone said Messi or Ronaldo were playing that I'd believe it. I could be wrong, obviously, but it's not completely out of the ordinary that he could've played to just get a game.