Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

So are we still meant to be panicking about the new season or not? I'm confused.

I'm a wee bit panicky that I'm not panicking about the forthcoming season.

This won't end well.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I feel we still need a right back and another centre mid.

We're definitely still short if we have aspirations to get in the top four but look well-equipped to scud the part timers. 

My favourite AJ interview moments are when he's asked about Talbot or when he signs players with physical presence like Morris. He glazes over and goes into a happy trance and you can see his brain picturing opponents being wiped out. 

On 22 July 2017 at 11:28, Poet of the Macabre said:

Willie Gibson was an excellent player for Dunfermline. He says he left on bad terms with us but it seems like he left on bad terms with almost every club during his career.

His exit from Falkirk was pretty spectacular :lol:

His exit from Falkirk was pretty spectacular :lol:

How did that come about again?

I really liked him at Dunfermline and as someone said earlier, he was part of one of the most exciting Pars sides in recent years, although he gave the finger to our fans on at least two occasions I can remember.. one of which was after scoring a penalty after he'd taken nothing but abuse for the whole game. I'm sure the second time was in a 2-0 defeat at Partick Thistle, which I'm sure was also his last Pars game. :lol:

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

How did that come about again?

I really liked him at Dunfermline and as someone said earlier, he was part of one of the most exciting Pars sides in recent years, although he gave the finger to our fans on at least two occasions I can remember.. one of which was after scoring a penalty after he'd taken nothing but abuse for the whole game. I'm sure the second time was in a 2-0 defeat at Partick Thistle, which I'm sure was also his last Pars game. :lol:

Presley had a go at him at half time and he just got up and walked out the dressing room and left the stadium never to return.

An ok player but seems like he's a total fanny.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Presley had a go at him at half time and he just got up and walked out the dressing room and left the stadium never to return.

An ok player but seems like he's a total fanny.

I like Willie Gibson even more now. Poor lad is just a normal boy who has had to put up with fannies like Elvis as his boss. No wonder he has the odd meltdown. 

In fairness to the Gibster, he had a pretty nasty illness not too long before he left. I remember reading about lumbar punctures and all that nasty stuff.

From what I rememeber, it couldn't have come at a worse time either and he wasnt quite the same again.

Edited by Astro

Gibson was a fantastic player and if his attitude matched his ability he could have been sensational, nobody will really know how good he could have been if he wasn't so much of an arsehole.

He absolutely loved terrorising the wee team as well, a hobby that Kallum Higginbotham esq. has taken up eagerly.

It's a shame that team couldn't stick together longer. Bell was looking like he could go on to be a really top player, Gibson was tearing teams to shreds. I know we still won the league easily without them by bringing in Rusty and Hardie but it would have been good to see Gibson and Bell get a crack at the top league. Sure they'd have done better than Paul Burns etc