Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I doubt singing mediocre shite would've helped us tbh.

Except that they are winning and banging in the goals, whilst your losing and leaking them?

Yes, I know they are only friendlies, but over a number of games for both clubs there a common theme.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why do you think it's a wind up? I'd agree that an isolated defeat probably means nothing but you lot have had four consecutive thumpings.

You can carry on believing there's no issue and it will all be all right on the night. Personally I rather suspect that there's a more serious underlying issue and I would be a bit concerned if we were so underprepared looking.

If it is not wind-up then feel free to drop yourself into the first category on offer rather than the second.

I hoped it was a wind-up rather than thought, for your sake.

If it is not wind-up then feel free to drop yourself into the first category on offer rather than the second.
I hoped it was a wind-up rather than thought, for your sake.

You know best.

Let's see in the next few weeks then, eh?

Except that they are winning and banging in the goals, whilst your losing and leaking them?

Yes, I know they are only friendlies, but over a number of games for both clubs there a common theme.

Morton have a more settled side whereas we're still four first team signings away? AJ traditionally favours doing business late. He left it too late last year however.

If we had signed McHugh and Harkins then I don't think anyone would've been too chuffed, they're gubbins.

You know best.

Let's see in the next few weeks then, eh?

Not quite, all three sides who finished in the playoffs started quite poorly, we'll see at the end of the season. If it does end poorly I doubt we'll blame the pre season tbh.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Morton have a more settled side whereas we're still four first team signings away? AJ traditionally favours doing business late. He left it too late last year however.

If we had signed McHugh and Harkins then I don't think anyone would've been too chuffed, they're gubbins.

:unsure2:

If it was ultimately a choice between having McHugh on the bench than having what we have at the moment (i.e. six-pack Hopkirk and young Smith) then if have taken McHugh to be fair. Morton will also have Quitongo back fit which is a big plus for them. No excuses for signing Harkins though.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I wasn't too pleased when we signed Harkins but he's looked very decent in a new role during pre season with our new formation. It's his last chance at FT football for him so maybe he'll make the most of it. McHugh and Thomson are good signings IMO. Was always impressed with Thomson beforehand and he's looked good in pre season so far. McHugh doesn't come with that '20 goal a season' striker tag but he's also found the net a few times so far in pre season. I'm certainly much happier having McHugh, Harkins and Thomson as options over Luke Donnelly, Oyenuga and Shankland. I think we'll score more goals this season but might concede more as well.