Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

By the end of the day a rumour will be going around that we can't afford any new players due to spending the budget on glass cases for buckets.

We need buckets for collections for glass cases for the collection buckets

5 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

There's literally nothing in that statement that is worthy of overreaction.

That said, it's clear there's some pretty major issues behind the scenes. I'm not for a second suggesting Ross McArthur has to step down but at the very least him and AJ should seriously consider their future at the club. 

Ruth for chairwoman

In line with looking far to much into it I would presume that our targets are currently with a club, although may be out of favour and we're waiting for them to leave, who would fit that bill?

McShane from County, Shiels has just been released...

7347be74758afc2a9be83777cc1b2a25.jpg

Sensible statement as always from the chairman but I would ask how other sides managed to recruit better players when their income seems lower, in terms of crowds. If we can recruit quality a month into the season then it is worth waiting but it could backfire. Perhaps the Reilly effect is still being felt.
[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Right tell me, which clubs and what players are you referring to there??

I think that Morton over the last few seasons have recruited better players as one example. They have a similar background to us over a five year period with an extra season in the championship. 

I think with our attendances and centenary fund we should be able to match them on the pitch. They recruited players of quality early and plugged gaps whereas we went the other way. I'm not saying it's a disaster yet but the recruitment has been behind other clubs for whatever reason. Bad planning, luck or a bit of both?

We also seem to only be offering one year deals, could be putting off a few targets?

5 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Partick Thistle 2 Morton 5

Morton 4 Airdrie 1

Stenhousemuir 0 Morton 3

Turiff United 1 Morton 6

Thats pre season fodder 4. Morton 18

Hmm!  How has your preseason gone?

What a state to get yourself in over meaningless preseason games. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

What a state to get yourself in over meaningless preseason games. 

I am merely responding to Stellaboz who thinks we have not strengthened over the summer.   With respect I think we may have although injuries to defenders pre season might mask that!

I am merely responding to Stellaboz who thinks we have not strengthened over the summer.   With respect I think we may have although injuries to defenders pre season might mask that!

We had an unbeaten preseason in 2014/15, and went on to finish 7th in League One. It counts for next to f**k all.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sensible statement as always from the chairman but I would ask how other sides managed to recruit better players when their income seems lower, in terms of crowds. If we can recruit quality a month into the season then it is worth waiting but it could backfire. Perhaps the Reilly effect is still being felt.
emoji38.png

We signed higgy last season on the 18th of July, Clark in august. Resigned cardle and Murdoch on the 20th the year before. 

We signed Reilly in early June.

I think AJ might be right in waiting for better quality players.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Funny, that response seems to be rather common when you lose a friendly. Across on the St Mirren thread exactly the same after they lost 5-1 tonight.

You'd almost think everyone realises friendlies are meaningless except zoomers who like getting their knickers in a twist over f**k all and shit wind-up merchants.

You'd almost think everyone realises friendlies are meaningless except zoomers who like getting their knickers in a twist over f**k all and shit wind-up merchants.

Why do you think it's a wind up? I'd agree that an isolated defeat probably means nothing but you lot have had four consecutive thumpings.

You can carry on believing there's no issue and it will all be all right on the night. Personally I rather suspect that there's a more serious underlying issue and I would be a bit concerned if we were so underprepared looking.