Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm working late so can't go. Quite enjoy preseason friendlies. The seagull getting hit by the ball against Hibs was a highlight of the season during one of our miserable years in the Seaside League.

Suppose it could be vaguely interesting to see who plays right back and wide right. Think I read McManus is injured so if Hopkirk is fit I'd guess he starts with Clark.

Murdoch (or Gill)

RB
Ashcroft
Morris
Talbot

WR
Splaine
Nat
Higgy

Clark
Hopkirk?

Morgan Freeman Voto at right back with Paton wide right. Try Cardle wide right and Paton right back? Who knows? Who really cares?

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Surely it'll be Williamson at right back? Talbot has a slight calf problem so he won't play. Doubt Murdoch will be risked either if he's still suffering from the back spasm.

Actually won't be heading along myself but was interested to see the lure of friendlies for the P&B elite.

I was just trying to protect D.A.F.C from having a pre-lunch meltdown at the thought of it. 

That was poor. We have absolutely no depth to our squad. No idea what our tactics were for most of that second half. Clark clearly didn't work as a lone striker. That was clear from the first 10 minutes, but we stuck with it. Thought Splaine looked good, but we had no midfield after he went off. Some good finishes, but Hibs goals split our defence far too easily. Shambolic all round. Dundee United, Falkirk, Morton, St Mirren, Inverness & QotS would beat that team without any problems, if we play like that. We didn't look like a 'team' at all.

Oaft,it must of been bad

It was. Not hitting the panic button yet, McManus & Talbot were both injured and are both first choice players, plus AJ says we're hoping to sign 4/5 more. Thought we had a chance of progressing as one of the top runners up in the league cup, but not anymore. We need to work out our best team and get things 'clicking' in those 4 games now.

One fit striker and 2 central midfielders signed to the first team squad, just 9 days before our first competitive game is worrying. But our defence collapsed tonight as well. The 4/5 we bring in have to be better than what's already there, rather than adding competition for places.