Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Excellent. This is what I was hoping to hear. 

I thought for a long time he was shite but eventually he won me over. He had a good wee spell and Morton/St Mirren fans were surprised at his form, having been so shite for them. He's direct and scored a few goals - a rarity for us apart from Nicky Clark - but can't really look up, cross, pick a pass etc. Flatters to deceive. I'm sure we'd have been happy to re-sign him but don't think he's any better than a decent league one or low-mid Championship player. Don't think any of the players who have left us at the end of the season would fire us any higher than we managed (mid table). 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I thought for a long time he was shite but eventually he won me over. He had a good wee spell and Morton/St Mirren fans were surprised at his form, having been so shite for them. He's direct and scored a few goals - a rarity for us apart from Nicky Clark - but can't really look up, cross, pick a pass etc. Flatters to deceive. I'm sure we'd have been happy to re-sign him but don't think he's any better than a decent league one or low-mid Championship player. Don't think any of the players who have left us at the end of the season would fire us any higher than we managed (mid table). 

Other than Lewis Spence obviously...

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Livingston away first up then - good chance of an early win?

Reckon it'll be a good game, provided we start with Halkett and Gallagher at the back it's a hard defence to break down. Bit of a claim but those two are possibly one of the best CB pairings in the league - time will tell though

Reckon it'll be a good game, provided we start with Halkett and Gallagher at the back it's a hard defence to break down. Bit of a claim but those two are possibly one of the best CB pairings in the league - time will tell though

In League 1 they were. There is a bit of a gulf in class in the two divisions but like you say time will tell.

Just now, GordieBoy80 said:

In League 1 they were. There is a bit of a gulf in class in the two divisions but like you say time will tell.

Yeah of course, that's largely the basis for it. Gallagher has had experience at Premiership though with Dundee and seemed comfortable from what I've heard. Last year he took the piss at times trying to run box to box.

He seemed comfortable with us last time in here too, Halkett next to him is young but looks to be learning quickly. It'll be a big learning curve for him I'm sure, especially the first game with you guys.

The biggest worry is Crighton and Lithgow, if either starts at RB we'll lose 4-0. Not to mention us not having a GK that's really out his depth with Maley (ex-Broxburn)

Ben Richards-Everton seemed to stroll it in League 1 for the most part (sure he was in team of the season) but found to be out of his depth in the Championship so I hope for your sake similar doesn't happen to Halkett and Gallagher. Except against us, they can be as shit as they want then.

2 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

Ben Richards-Everton seemed to stroll it in League 1 for the most part (sure he was in team of the season) but found to be out of his depth in the Championship so I hope for your sake similar doesn't happen to Halkett and Gallagher. Except against us, they can be as shit as they want then.

I know one thing at least, we'll be better now compared to where we were the last two-three seasons spent in the Championship. We won't have Darren Cole, Hugo Faria and Burchill's buddies :D 

Edited by ATLIS

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

McMullan to United. We are making a c**t of this.

Not really. The players we've been rumoured to be after have all signed for clubs that can offer vastly superior wages. 

Not really. The players we've been rumoured to be after have all signed for clubs that can offer vastly superior wages. 

Meanwhile, other clubs with similar budgets, will be talking to more realistic targets. No?

McMullan any good? And what's his best position

Mind seeing him play against us last season, wasn't that impressed

He played Left Midfield. Was decent enough for us last season. Very quick, great attitude and runs all day, end product not great. I would say he is mid championship standard at best tbh.

He played Left Midfield. Was decent enough for us last season. Very quick, great attitude and runs all day, end product not great. I would say he is mid championship standard at best tbh.

Good, we need a left winger. Probably the best we will get wiv our budget this now