Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think he will be a good signing for you. He was fantastic in League 1 for us. 

Sense he is a confidence player. If he is well liked and scores a couple of goals early on, i think he will kick on and become a good player for you.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on this year.

Declan Mcmanus was absolutely fucking shite for a large part of last season.  He has a good turn of pace, but nowhere near good enough for Championship level.  To get rid of Mcmanus and Stewart and end up with Buchannan and Spence is very good business for ourselves.

Signing poor players who played for one of the worst sides in the league last season is a strange strategy, it has to be said. 

Might be a good signing.  Always works hard and gives 100% but he has not scored many goals at this level.  He was deadly for us in league one and got his move to Fleetwood but came back on loan in the January window 2016 and did not look the same player. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Declan Mcmanus was absolutely fucking shite for a large part of last season.  He has a good turn of pace, but nowhere near good enough for Championship level.  To get rid of Mcmanus and Stewart and end up with Buchannan and Spence is very good business for ourselves.

Signing poor players who played for one of the worst sides in the league last season is a strange strategy, it has to be said. 

Different team, different manager, different attitude from the player. 

DAFC, and our entire setup could be tha making of Declan.  

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fans of other clubs were falling over themselves to tell us how good a signing Gavin Reilly was, I won't be losing sleep over what other fans will be doing.

I'd far rather have McManus over Reilly, although as mentioned earlier that doesn't count for much with Reilly being an absolute imposter of a player.

Reilly scored plenty of goals for us and I've no doubt will do just fine for Saintees, he's a decent player at this level.

McManus on the other hand ... well, isnt :lol:

:lol:

That is an absolute stinker of a signing. Better than Reilly but only just. Six league goals for the wee team last season and that's only if you're kind and include the play-off strikes. If Keatings and Murray were honestly AJ's top targets then how far down the list was McManus? Also shows you how limited our scouting reach is.

As always when I think a signing looks shite on paper; more than happy for him to make me look like a c**t by the end of the season. I've cheered on Crawford and Brewster and I've cheered on Tarachulski and Campbell. Hope he scores 20 and takes the piss out of his doubters with league title in hand...

Initial reaction is similar to Mvoto.... Really?

Just have to see,. He's quick apparently which is how AJ wants his front men. McMullen was Shite elsewhere and became great for us so here's hoping the same with Declan.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Would MUCH rather have Buchanan than McManus.

Probably wasted too much time chasing Keatings and ended up with the canon fodder. He was utter guff last season when I saw him. Made BRE look like a tit in that first game at Starks Park but he isn't very good tbqh. Would gladly have him make me look like a dick come the end of the season but I can't see it. Thankfully we have a guy like Clark to score us goals.

Reilly scored plenty of goals for us and I've no doubt will do just fine for Saintees, he's a decent player at this level.
McManus on the other hand ... well, isnt [emoji38]

Reilly has scored about 3 league goals from open play in 2 seasons.

You can't on one hand laugh at McManus and say he isn't a decent player at this level, while in the same post try to pass of Gavin Reilly as a decent player, it's crackers. The reason McManus had more games than Reilly last season is because Reilly was absolutely fucking gash at this level. The reason Reilly didn't get many goals, or games at this level is because he was shite at this level, simples.

He'll be chucked in the hilariously overrated by tory voting teuchters bin along with such shite as Paul Burns.

I'm not entirely sold on McManus at all, however we'll be better with him than Hawk upfront.

Of the players I'd have expected to get a Championship club when we went down, Declan McManus wasn't one of them. Fully expected him to wash up at Ayr, or some other lower-league nonentity like us.

Probably the polar opposite of M'Voto - McManus was utter shite all season and finished it really well. while M'Voto lost the plot in the final few weeks having had a magnificent season. 

Can only assume Johnston has been impressed with McManus at Morton/Alloa/Aberdeen, as opposed to his season with us. Season highlight for Dec was going 21 league matches without a goal, but still getting into the starting line-up. 

Edited by Paco

Played very well in his first and last couple of games for us but was terrible all throughout the rest of the season even getting boo'd in quite a few games. Good luck too him though was excellent in the last few games and if he can get to that standard he would be a brilliant signing for youse  

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Reilly has scored about 3 league goals from open play in 2 seasons.

You can't on one hand laugh at McManus and say he isn't a decent player at this level, while in the same post try to pass of Gavin Reilly as a decent player, it's crackers. The reason McManus had more games than Reilly last season is because Reilly was absolutely fucking gash at this level. The reason Reilly didn't get many goals, or games at this level is because he was shite at this level, simples.

He'll be chucked in the hilariously overrated by tory voting teuchters bin along with such shite as Paul Burns.

I'm not entirely sold on McManus at all, however we'll be better with him than Hawk upfront.

Reilly scored 12 and 13 goals in two seasons in the Championship before his move to Hearts. Numbers McManus can only dream of. The season after that he scored as many in the top flight as McManus managed in the Championship last season. All that points to a decent player at this level. Im confident he'll also outscore McManus next season too.

"tory voting teuchters" ... oh dear :1eye

A few more forwards still to sign, so for now he has to be seen as competition for David Hopkirk in the supporting role to Nicky Clark. AJ makes players' roles pretty simple and gets the most out of them by getting them to do what they can do well. Reilly and stand-in keeper Hutton were our only real flops last year, the rest ended up playing about as well as could have been expected. My point? Oh, yes, it's that AJ seems to get 100% out of the bulk of the players.