Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pleased Moffat is gone, as mentioned, he was signed to score goals, yet his league goals record for two of the three seasons he spent here was very poor, with only four goals last season, i'm glad AJ has realised that we need someone better if we're to push forwards as a club.

Can also see Geggan going, he probably prefers playing in central midfield yet he isn't likely to get that at us anymore, plus Ayr will probably offer him a 2 year deal that we're unwilling to do. 

If we're looking to sneak a play off place I'd say we need to possibly add 4 or 5 players of the quality of Murdoch, Clark and Morris. That considered I think Geggan probably needs to move on as well. He's been a cracking player for us tbf. Would definitely go with my best wishes as long as it's not to another Championship side.

I'd be very, very surprised if we see him in a Pars top next season. 

Never really liked Geggan's attitude in terms of being captain, and during the 5 losses in a row came over and gave the fans stick for deservedly booing.

Appreciate what he has done for the club though

Would be disappointed if Geggs left - always rated him but, as others have said, if we're aiming top-4 next season, will he be a regular for us? Doubtful.

Would love to keep him as a squad player - he's a good player who can play in a few positions and will always do a job. Reckon he'll go though as he'll want to play centre-mid and he's not going to get that regularly with us.

Our priority has to be finding a striker to play alongside Clark - can't see Hopkirk doing it on a regular basis - and also a right-back. Depending on Herron/McCabe/Talbot a centre-mid & left back might also be needed.

Another winger would be good as well - but with Higgy & Cardle signed up and potentially Paton, it's not a priority yet.

Scott Lochead has signed a new deal.

Anyone got that Alan Partridge 'shrugging' gif?

If only we had some sort of ranking system where we could place signings to see how they stack up on the grand scheme of things..

719907672fa81ef1cf21e39d4cc91df4.jpg

AJ was talking about having a better scouting system. I wonder if Kris Renton at Cowden has been on the radar? I've seen him a few times and think he looks class. A bit like a cut-price Farid. Like Farid, Cowden end up lumping the ball at him but when they play a bit of football he has a decent touch, keep possession, is very strong. I think he was in the Juniors before Cowden.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ was talking about having a better scouting system. I wonder if Kris Renton at Cowden has been on the radar? I've seen him a few times and think he looks class. A bit like a cut-price Farid. Like Farid, Cowden end up lumping the ball at him but when they play a bit of football he has a decent touch, keep possession, is very strong. I think he was in the Juniors before Cowden.

There is something seriously wrong with our scouting system if we are signing a 6ft 3, 26 year old striker from the team that only didn't get relegated out of the league system entirely by the grace of a penalty shoot out to partner Saint Nicholas Clark as we try to push for promotion.

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

There is something seriously wrong with our scouting system if we are signing a 6ft 3, 26 year old striker from the team that only didn't get relegated out of the league system entirely by the grace of a penalty shoot out to partner Saint Nicholas Clark as we try to push for promotion.

hqdefault.jpg

I just think he has something about him. Remember Nat was part of the Cowden team that got humped 10-0 and even Gomis was playing for them in the bottom tier when Craig Levein took him to United so I wouldn't automatically say every player in a shite team is shite, if that makes sense? In the 2 minutes in a game when they play football I think he looks a cut above the others around him.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I just think he has something about him. Remember Nat was part of the Cowden team that got humped 10-0 and even Gomis was playing for them in the bottom tier when Craig Levein took him to United so I wouldn't automatically say every player in a shite team is shite, if that makes sense? In the 2 minutes in a game when they play football I think he looks a cut above the others around him.

Would definitely be completely disappointing if we signed him, really not worth the risk for the "diamond in thr rough" effect either imo

Pleased Moffat is gone, as mentioned, he was signed to score goals, yet his league goals record for two of the three seasons he spent here was very poor, with only four goals last season, i'm glad AJ has realised that we need someone better if we're to push forwards as a club.
Can also see Geggan going, he probably prefers playing in central midfield yet he isn't likely to get that at us anymore, plus Ayr will probably offer him a 2 year deal that we're unwilling to do. 

The strange thing with where Geggan plays is that McCall made the point of saying he can play at right back so I would say he's our replacement for Nicky Devlin.

Wouldn't complain if we did play him there as other Pars fans have said he's good at RB but he'd be the best midfielder in League 1 and we wouldn't get the benefits of that.

The strange thing with where Geggan plays is that McCall made the point of saying he can play at right back so I would say he's our replacement for Nicky Devlin.

Wouldn't complain if we did play him there as other Pars fans have said he's good at RB but he'd be the best midfielder in League 1 and we wouldn't get the benefits of that.

Would be raging if we made a signing as good as Geggan and played him right back tbh.

Geggan will do well for Ayr in the middle of the park. I felt he was found out in the middle last season, but done okay at RB. Saying that, I think there are better right backs out there and he's not good enough to play in the middle, therefore I think he'll move on.

Great servant though and a real fans favourite.

Edited by JFPar

Geggan is a weird one, he absolutely strolls it in midfield in League 1 and looks a class above, but looks out of his depth in the Championship.

He's disastrous at RB in League 1 but looks solid there in the Champ.

Would love to see him stay though. Wouldn't seem right not being able to give him a fitting send off.