Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That would be a bit of a reckless move IMO. There will be several other players available without having to pay a fee.

If he's within a budget it's not reckless, depends on the fee.

I wouldn't be as gutted if Geggan was to move on, fantastic pro who has given 100% but there must be better right backs out there you'd think, replaceable.

If he's within a budget it's not reckless, depends on the fee.

I wouldn't be as gutted if Geggan was to move on, fantastic pro who has given 100% but there must be better right backs out there you'd think, replaceable.

I'm just thinking back to Ross McArthur's statement the other week, he recognises that next season will, financially, be much more difficult than this season was (which could be worse if Dundee United are replaced by Hamilton). I have absolutely no 'inside information' but my gut feeling tells me we wouldn't pay a fee for a player unless it was absolutely necessary.

I liked Moffat. When he first signed I thought he would be how my Dad used to describe Charlie Dickson. Perhaps not all that talented but a superb goalscorer. He turned out to be almost the exact opposite.

Very frustrating to watch and should have scored a hell of a lot more with the clear chances he missed over the years. Definitely need to be improving up front if we're to even think about promotion.

He always gave his all for the Pars though and was part of the side that stormed to the League One title. Hope he has a great season back at Ayr.

Whats Fordyce like then? Just signed for us

Competent centre half at this level. He's prone to a mistake or two but now that you've got him signed up early, a full pre-season could be very important for him.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Whats Fordyce like then? Just signed for us

Looked a class above in League 1. Honestly thought he was too good for us at the time. Then he took a horrific injury which, if we're being honest, he never fully recovered from. Think he was out for a good 10 months. He didn't really feature much this season. With Ashcroft and Morris as our centre-backs for the second half of the season, he was never really going to get a sniff. He should be solid enough for you if he can stay fit. 

Geggs on Twitter:

@themoff85 congrats on move Moff all the best bro

Not included (because they're not allowed, apparently) are the winky face and hand sign of 'call me'. Looks like the Ayr fans might have been right. Or am I reading too much into these emojis?

What was the injury out of interest?

Broke his leg in a challenge against Ayr. It kept him out for ages and he hasn't been the same player since tbh, that's why a few of us think a god pre-season and staying fit will determine how successful he is at Queens.