Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I think he'll be fine tbh, must of done something right to end up with a couple of player of the year awards the raith fans make him sound like their worst player they were desperate to off load

Being our player of the year is no achievement.

M Voto is a centre half whose entire game is about heading the ball and keeping it simple. In the big games in our run in he showed a startling inability to do either. Very strange signing.

5 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I think he'll be fine tbh, must of done something right to end up with a couple of player of the year awards the raith fans make him sound like their worst player they were desperate to off load

He was the best of a very bad lot until the last quarter when he started costing us more than a goal a game. Must have been near to being our  top goalscorer though. 

Aye, we kinda fucked it that day. Doesn't make M'Voto a good footballer though.

It doesn't, it is hard to judge a player of three games though.

Vaughan who is getting touted everywhere was shite every time against Dunfermline but seemingly half the division would sign him.

3 games ago M'voto would've been seen as a massive coup, getting your rivals player of the year for feck all? Winner. He did have a poor run of games though, will come in handy against Falkirk and any other sides that go route one.

And we heard all about Wedderburn being a total donkey as well, but he is, arguably, or best midfielder; he doesn't give the ball away, no-one can outmuscle him and he is pretty much an all round legend tbqhwy. Same can happen with big Jean-Yves working under a proper manager. But, again, it's unlikely he'll replace Morris or Ashcroft unless either of the two is unfit. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

*black player* could be another *black player*

Yep, that's exactly what I was going for: basing player's skill on skin colour. Nothing to do with the fact Nat was also called a donkey/got slated when he signed for us or anything. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Yep, that's exactly what I was going for: basing player's skill on skin colour. Nothing to do with the fact Nat was also called a donkey/got slated when he signed for us or anything. 

Don't worry, it's not just you. M'Voto has been repeatedly compared to Marvin Andrews by Rovers supporters, with the justification that he's dominant in the air but not great on the ground. Haven't heard anyone compare him to Mark Campbell, though.

Of course, the GOAT occurence is still this one.

Based on the first few games I saw M'Voto play he looked like he was prone to at least one bombscare moment a match but he seemed to settle down as the season went on and was pretty steady. Unfortunately in the last few weeks he seemed to lose his form completely and cost us goals against Hibs, St Mirren and Brechin (x 2). I would've dropped him if we had gotten through to the play off final.

Be prepared to be driven mad by his inability to get a decent connection on any attacking set piece situation you create. Someone his size should be good for about 10 goals a season but I think he managed just 3 for us.

Funny, my mate at work said AJ doesn't rate Dycey and he was going. Assumed it was just a "mate at work" who knows Rhys rumour but looking likely now. 

Then why was Dycey his second signing for us?...

Just when you think AJ is doing the right things for the upcoming season he goes and pulls a stunt like this. Hopefully he'll never break into the first team.

M'Voto one of Rovers best, if not the best, players. I recall them raving about him after our first Fife derby. But wishing and hoping that a new signing doesn't break into the first team begs one simple question...

Are you a racist?

Shrewd signing in my opinion, and when BNW first appeared I was struggling to see any merit in him playing, I felt games just passed him by. I admit I got that totally wrong. Might even see M'Voto as cover not just for Ashcroft and Morris but BNW too.

At the risk of repeating myself from our own thread earlier M'Voto had a decent 30 or so games, coupled with shaky start and a poor final 3 or 4 ether side.

All the best to the big fella though, if the whole team had performed to his level over the course of the season we wouldn't have been anywhere near the play offs. I thnk you guys have found youselves a decent no nonesense defender at this level (with the odd rick here and there)