Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I got 84. I started going to the games season 99/00, so I was pretty much humped for season 98/99. Disgusted that I forgot guys like Mason and Nicholson whilst remembering utter tripe like Paul Burns.

Christ, either he'd have taken a bit of a drop in wages or he'd have taken an large chunk of our wage budget.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:06, JockysJetpack said:

Hello! Got a wee quiz for you Dunfermline fans here, https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/dunfermline-top-5-scorers-since-9899 Top-5 goalscorers for Dunfermline per season since 1998/99/ 

Enjoy!

Thank You.

Have a greeny unlike those ungrateful sods.

93 for me

Forgetting the Youngs cost me 5.

Falky, Hamilton, Dair, Moss and Simmons all cost me two.

Wasn't for that lot I'd have gotten 108

Completely forgot Ugwu despite spending a solid minute going through all the player we had that season. Could have sworn McManus (who I also forgot) scored way more than that for us.

10 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Have a greeny unlike those ungrateful sods.

93 for me

Forgetting the Youngs cost me 5.

Falky, Hamilton, Dair, Moss and Simmons all cost me two.

Wasn't for that lot I'd have gotten 108

Completely forgot Ugwu despite spending a solid minute going through all the player we had that season. Could have sworn McManus (who I also forgot) scored way more than that for us.

Definitely cheated.

Excellent news. Morris and Ashcroft looked like a pretty solid pairing after they'd had a few games together.

Haven't heard anything re Williamson.

Also realised that Morris signing means we can fully dismiss any rumours of that utter diddy M'Voto signing for us. As if I ever thought he would anyway tbh.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Anyone else heard that Williamson might be packing it in? 

From his past injuries? Wouldn't be surprised if he has some mental effects of the 2/3 bad injuries he got. What was it, dislocated knee then when he finally made a return he broke his leg in two places?

Personally I don't rate him as a defender. I don't recall him ever putting in a decent tackle and winning the ball but he could be an asset further forward.

Heard rumours Fordyce is away, would be surprised as that would only leave Nat as possible cover for Morris Ashcroft unless we are getting someone in.

Some spine so far:

Murdoch

Morris                Ashcroft

Wedderburn

Clark

Just need to add Higgy and my wishlist is complete. Wouldn't be averse to Rhys and Talbot (if out of contract)

Clark was on a 2 year deal anyway but Murdoch, Wedderburn, Ashcroft and Morris signing is an excellent statement of intent and should make it a wee bit easier for AJ to attract other players when you look at the core of the team.

I think AJ will re-sign Higgy. I'm not mad keen on him but it's clear AJ is a fan and he has at least learned how to convert penalties. McCabe is a hidden gem IMO - if he progresses the way he has done from playing alongside Big Nat he could be a really outstanding player.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fordyce, Moff and maybe even Geggan and Talbot were in AJ's "maybe" pile. After a shaky start I think they have all been excellent but I don't know if any of them are better than our final league position. 5th, maybe 4th place at a push Championship players when they're at their best. Wouldn't fault any of them - they all have their limitations as players but were playing to the best of their ability. Who'd have thought back in August or September that Geggan and Talbot would look like a very competent pair of fullbacks? Moff could be kept in cold storage and just brought out to sink Morton four times a year. I'd expect Geggan and Talbot to sign anyway.

The biggest challenge for AJ is to find someone to fill Reilly's boots. How do we begin to replace such a mercurial talent?