Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Another fantastic bit of PR from the club. Can't wait for the kit launch, I'm sure it'll be a cracker.

YOOZ ARE PYOOR CHEATZ!!11!

Love the season ticket video. Sets up the new kit reveal nicely, which I'm buzzing for. If it's based bit by bit on the 68 kit, I will soil myself. It's the ultimate Par's kit!

A bit cheesy but I am fucking loving our club right now. People will have their gripes with the previous regime (and rightly so) but from the outside looking in, you really can't fault the club nor the people running it.

You just have to laugh. Some guy sets up a transfer news Twitter account and this is one of his first tweets.

That's just so unbelievably bizarre, why would anyone even make such a thing up. I've genuinely never even heard of the guy in my puff so 10/10 for imagination on this "rumour" :lol:

1 hour ago, smpar said:

A bit cheesy but I am fucking loving our club right now. People will have their gripes with the previous regime (and rightly so) but from the outside looking in, you really can't fault the club nor the people running it.

I carried a bit of research out on the Pars for my dissertation a few months ago. Mikey Mlotkiewicz (who is a credit to your club) invited me in for a meeting and showed me about the stadium and everything that goes on inside. Was really impressed with how the club is run. I've seen images of your home and away kits next season and they are absolute belters. It won't be too long at all until the Pars will be back up in the Premiership. 

I carried a bit of research out on the Pars for my dissertation a few months ago. Mikey Mlotkiewicz (who is a credit to your club) invited me in for a meeting and showed me about the stadium and everything that goes on inside. Was really impressed with how the club is run. I've seen images of your home and away kits next season and they are absolute belters. It won't be too long at all until the Pars will be back up in the Premiership. 

I haven't met him myself but by all accounts he's the kind of person you want doing the job he does. I've yet to hear a bad word about him and he's a genuine Pars fan who's only in it for the good of the club. Mikey and the chairman Ross McArthur (and more) are the exact type of people we need to help maintain this 'new and improved' kind of image for Dunfermline Athletic.

Mikey is a good guy.

Young ambitious, dedicated and full of great initiative.

Ross McArthur has done wonders. He did more than anyone to save this club. I dont think that's ever been truely recognised by most of the support.

He will not let anyone hurt the club. 

That all said I think it's been poorly handled regarding the decision to clise section L. I'm now having to find a new home, as have a shitload of my mates.

As for the statement:

Without wallowing in self-pity, it feels as though we did not have many breaks during the 2016-17 season, and a lot of crucial decisions went against us.

WTF? Other than penalties against Falkirk and Hamilton that never should have been I honestly have no idea what he's talking about here.

...it now appears that the majority of clubs in the SPFL count all of their season ticket holders (even if they do not attend a specific match), into their published match day attendance figure, something that we as a club have never done. Therefore, our Board has decided to change its policy on this as from next season, so that we are on an equal terms, and published figures do not appear to disadvantage our club, which is the case at present.

Interesting.

we certainly don’t want to sanitise the atmosphere at East End Park

Well, closing that section of the NW will do that whether you like it or not. I understand fully the reasons for the closure but you will be taking a hit atmosphere-wise. Now it's left to the brain donors at the back right of the Norries. Whoopie.

He is continuing to work on the basis of quality rather than quantity

Hopefully more Nicky Clark than Gavin Reilly.

As outlined last week, our match day admission prices will be increased by a further £1.00, across all stands next season, which is the first increase in a good number of years

Fairly certain I was paying £16 not long ago and it was £17 this season. So I've either lost the plot or this was a bit of a fib.

However, our non-match day income was well down on our budgetary expectations, which reflects the increasingly fierce and competitive marketplace for that area of activity.

Anyone know what this refers to? Conference facilities etc?

Other points of interest include dropping the Under 20s, how big a blow it was to miss out on televised cup tie at Ibrox, club worried about losing Falkirk or United next season.

I don't always agree with the opinions/decisions made by the club but I very much appreciate that time has been taken to explain everything. Fair play to the board for that.

If the club does indeed meet with a handful of supporters to open a 'singing section' then I don't see the small closure being much of an issue.