Smackdown Thread

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Make Big E the top guy, what a star he is.

There's rumours he's winning MITB. I'd be on board with that. He's quality. His facial expressions in that video are hilarious.

Edited by DA Baracus

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Smackdown this week for the first time since Mania. Was looking forward to the number 1 contender gauntlet match and the tag titles match. Enjoyed It anyway.

The gaunlet match just felt fresher than Raw. There was no Roman Reigns getting a 20 minute superman promo etc.

Tbf Paige actually sounded not bad on the GM job.

11 hours ago, FifeArab said:

I don't really want New Day to split up but I think Kofi and Xavier would make a good tag team.

There's no reason for The New Day to split up. Kofi and Xavier already make a good tag team.

There's no reason for The New Day to split up. Kofi and Xavier already make a good tag team.

I was just fantasy booking mate. Thought they’d tease It with maybe a fall out after MITB and all they seem to do now Is throw pancakes about. Kofi and Big E are both very good.

Is it just me that thinks they’re biding their time with Daniel Bryan to have him beat The Miz at Wrestlemania to win the title and have his story come full circle? I can see Miz win the title at the Rumble, have Bryan win the Rumble and have some nice moments and matches like last night until then.

On 6/27/2018 at 08:46, westcoastfifer said:

Is it just me that thinks they’re biding their time with Daniel Bryan to have him beat The Miz at Wrestlemania to win the title and have his story come full circle? I can see Miz win the title at the Rumble, have Bryan win the Rumble and have some nice moments and matches like last night until then.

They had that story ready-made, but the way they've booked recently makes me think they'll avoid it.  Having the Miz win at MITB, Bryan win the title at Summerslam and then be cashed in on would have set up a brilliant story leading in to him winning it at WM, but they've gone with Braun instead.  It'll still have an incredible impact without the briefcase, but seems they've missed a huge opportunity just to put it on Big Burly Braunwin.  

They had that story ready-made, but the way they've booked recently makes me think they'll avoid it.  Having the Miz win at MITB, Bryan win the title at Summerslam and then be cashed in on would have set up a brilliant story leading in to him winning it at WM, but they've gone with Braun instead.  It'll still have an incredible impact without the briefcase, but seems they've missed a huge opportunity just to put it on Big Burly Braunwin.  

Yeah I was expecting a Miz MITB win, but maybe they were thinking if they went down that route they wouldn’t be able to keep it going until Mania. Wrestlemania is where this story should finish and bring the Daniel Bryan Cinderella story full circle.