Smackdown Thread

52 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What's Renee going to do now?

She is far too talented to go back to just being a backstage interviewer and she seems pretty unhappy with the way the Talking Smack cancellation was announced, I reckon she would have long since been offski to ESPN or somewhere like that if it wasn't for Ambrose.

Guest bernardblack
Would have preferred if their first match together was a PPV effort with no advert interruptions. I'll still definitely be watching that match though.

Yeah, why is this not on a PPV with a proper build etc?

Road Dogg has clearly been watching too many old Nitro episodes on the network!

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Nice wee swerve from the inevitable Cena - Mahal Summerslam title match. Nakamura vs Cena number one contender match next week. emoji7.png

Boring Corbin to cost Nakamura and Cena to go on to face, and beat, Mahal at Summerslam.

No Orton or Khali. Odd.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The lads at Bleacher Report will be fuming at the main event outcome.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723695-wwe-smackdown-results-winners-grades-reaction-and-highlights-from-july-25

Grade

A

Analysis

An excellent main event overflowed with adrenaline. 

Jericho, Owens and Styles revved up the crowd with fluid, fun action. Everyone impressed and looked like world-beaters.

KO's post-defeat rant was powerful, with the heel's rage sparking on the screen.

The one negative is that WWE went with yet another short title reign. The belt just changed hands on Sunday after Styles won it two weeks before that. The constant switches hurt their dramatic power.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Boring Corbin to cost Nakamura and Cena to go on to face, and beat, Mahal at Summerslam.

No Orton or Khali. Odd.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723695-wwe-smackdown-results-winners-grades-reaction-and-highlights-from-july-25

Grade

A

Analysis

An excellent main event overflowed with adrenaline. 

Jericho, Owens and Styles revved up the crowd with fluid, fun action. Everyone impressed and looked like world-beaters.

KO's post-defeat rant was powerful, with the heel's rage sparking on the screen.

The one negative is that WWE went with yet another short title reign. The belt just changed hands on Sunday after Styles won it two weeks before that. The constant switches hurt their dramatic power.

It's the one negative I'm referring to, they're always harping on about constant title swaps. Can't say it affects my perception of the belt, the people fighting over it are selling it more than enough.

The Sasha/Charlotte one was getting a bit ridiculous, that's the one I can remember them being pretty negative about with good reason.  They've seemed OK with this one, but I'm sure that would change if Owens wins it next week and Styles the week after etc.

It's not about just changing the title, it's about how it's done.  I don't really have any issue with them doing it at all, just got to make it believable from a storyline perspective.