Smackdown Thread

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, I think I've said this before, but I can't stand Nikki Bella. She comes across as exceptionally fake, her whole 'Fearless' stuff is a bag of shite, she has an abysmal personality and she's rank in the ring.

She doesn't belong with actual women wrestlers like Alexa Bliss, Natalya, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Nia Jax, Bayley, Mickie James and even Carmella and Dana Brooke.

Longest divas champ in history too. Bet you're happy about that.

Well, after all that, at least we now know that Shane will have some kind of stipulation to fall back on against the best wrest...

Wait, it's a straight wrestling match?  Between a little league coach and probably the best worker on the planet?  Well that's a shame.

I reckon they think Styles' best chance of having something to work with is putting HIM in his element, rather than trying to go with Shane's strengths. I've wondered for a while if this match could surprise people. It probably won't since Shane hasn't even been a good brawler for over 10 years, but it'll be interesting to see if they can do something good.

They're both pretty dull, but both have great potential.  Corbin is one of the few natural heels in that he's an absolute dick in real life.  Someone like the Miz seems a decent guy in real life, and puts the effort into making people hate him, but Corbin doesn't really need to do that.  Just need to write him better.  I could easily see him as a lone heel type, or even a tweener if he's battering through people.  But they haven't really gotten behind him.

I'd be more worried about Ambrose.  Interesting to think that of the three Shield members, Rollins has had a long spell with the title, got a terrible injury, came back, had a semi-successful face run and is now facing Triple H at Mania; Reigns has had quite the hilarious journey from being hated, to being cheered, to being really hated, but he has had a few title reigns, some pretty good matches, and is facing Undertaker at Mania.  Ambrose had an unconvincing title run, and is now facing Corbin at Mania.  Any momentum he had is now squandered.  What could they really do to save him though?  Heel turn?  Reform the Shield?  Take his comedy act to another level?

SmackDown really wasn't up to much this week, the ending was particularly week and it didn't feel like the lead in to the biggest show of the year. The same could be said for RAW though, neither were particularly good go homes.