Smackdown Thread

The match will be terrible because Shane is an awful wrestler and is an older man as well now.

It will be Shane getting battered for most of it, a weapons fuelled comeback followed by a coast to coast, Styles to get the momentum back, Shane to jump off something and miss, Styles to win.

Snore. Monumental waste of AJ Styles.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The match will be terrible because Shane is an awful wrestler and is an older man as well now.

It will be Shane getting battered for most of it, a weapons fuelled comeback followed by a coast to coast, Styles to get the momentum back, Shane to jump off something and miss, Styles to win.

Snore. Monumental waste of AJ Styles.

Agreed, I was just trying to be positive :P

Bloody hell SmackDown was dull. I'm looking forward a bit more to Styles & Shane at Mania now though, I think the attack was done pretty well. Though I'd agree it's a waste of Styles and his ability as it's likely to be a street fight more than anything else. 

I don't doubt it will be a good match, but I can't seem to care about Wyatt vs Orton. I don't like the feud, it makes little sense, and I have no real desire to see Randy Orton as WWE Champion again. Hopefully Wyatt retains, but that'd be two heel world champion victories in the one evening. 

Edited by TheGoon

The promo work on SmackDown Live is tremendous right now but the action is diabolical. Most of the matches these days are women's ones that feel very samey. Imagine booking an SD Live without Cena, Orton, Wyatt, AJ, Miz, Ambrose, Corbin or Harper in a match. SmackDown Live started out on fire, new champions, exciting storylines etc but because of how limited the roster is they've used most of their ideas already. 

Drastically needs a fresh injection of talent. I'd bring up Asuka, The Revival, Tye Dillinger & Nakamura all to the blue side. Should be seeing returns of Erick Rowan, Tamina Snuka, Naomi, Kane & perhaps Shelton Benjamin quite soon too. Wonder what's going on with Eva Marie.

I think both shows just need to use the rosters they have better.  They have the numbers to put into process a lot of storylines.  Look at the SD tag division (remember, there is one) there's six teams in there.  Despite most of them being jobbertastic, they could easily build several of them to have at least 2 tag feuds.  You've got AA vs Usos for the title, so what's to stop them giving the Ascension some kind of push and having them go up against another.  I'd be wary of adding too much because then you're just going to have more people who are ignored.  

I think they should just have a completely new draft at some point.  I expect we'll get trades, but I'd make the draft a yearly thing.  We're definitely coming to the end of the line in terms of fresh feuds on Smackdown, so it'd be good to see things completely change.  Keep the champions on their brands, but open up huge new feuds elsewhere, rotate around throughout the year, then change it up again.

3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

There's been suggestions of a new draft or at the very least some trading just after WM.

Needed. I'd also be up for merging the womens and tag divisions tbh.

Anyway, I think I've said this before, but I can't stand Nikki Bella. She comes across as exceptionally fake, her whole 'Fearless' stuff is a bag of shite, she has an abysmal personality and she's rank in the ring.

She doesn't belong with actual women wrestlers like Alexa Bliss, Natalya, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Nia Jax, Bayley, Mickie James and even Carmella and Dana Brooke.