Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

An hour and a half into Raw and it's been solid wrestling throughout.

It will never catch on - concentrating on wrestling during a wrestling programme  - not when you can have them doing fashion or singing.

Rollins is the man. I think they'll force him into the main event with reigns and Lesnar.

Its been done before though with rollins cashing in at mania. Can't see them being stupid enough to do that. They are however stupid enough to have roman go over clean against lesnar which is even more worrying. Having roman turn full on heel is the best thing they could do if they do go down reigns v lesnar at mania. There also wouldn't be a better time for it. Batter the f**k out of lesnar with a chair etc "retiring" him then have him pick stand arrogantly above him. They seem to forget that the biggest stars they've had have all done it on their road to stardom.

If they didn't do it when he was dismantling a crowd favourite, or the next night when he was getting one of the biggest heel reactions the company had received in years, then him leading a largely unbelievable beating on Lesnar isn't going to do it.  He's going to come up against heel Lesnar, make a comeback, kick out of the F5, and win the title.  Cue fireworks.

Guest bernardblack

Rollins will be in that mania main event. 

Lesnar never got to beat Rollins when taker interfered
Rollins cost Reigns his moment at WM31
Reigns/Rollins Shield tension etc etc

Naturally Reigns would still win 

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Rollins will be in that mania main event. 

Lesnar never got to beat Rollins when taker interfered
Rollins cost Reigns his moment at WM31
Reigns/Rollins Shield tension etc etc

Naturally Reigns would still win 

See, that makes the most sense, and it would turn a forgone conclusion into quite a good match, but I don't think they'll be particularly interested in having it anything other than Reigns finally bettering Lesnar.  

And also still no guarantee that Lesnar is going to re-sign with the company.  Heyman was slipping in and out of character in an interview with ESPN hinting at a UFC return.  I imagine he'll announce signing just before WM once again, but it's still an unknown.  

I'd imagine WWE are beginning to worry. They have Taker (Who let's face it, return or not - he's pretty much done), Lesnar, Triple H and Cena left who are household names.

I absolutely love Rollins but they have nothing at the moment to sell to the casual fan these days. It's imperative Reigns takes that mantle for WWE unless they can entice The Rock out for another event in the next year or so.

Hence why we'll be force fed Rousey. For a guy that detests using other companies talent, Vince seems only too desperate to cuddle up to UFC talent.

I'm sure McGregor will feature down the line - again to boost the lack of casual commercial talent.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd imagine WWE are beginning to worry. They have Taker (Who let's face it, return or not - he's pretty much done), Lesnar, Triple H and Cena left who are household names.

I absolutely love Rollins but they have nothing at the moment to sell to the casual fan these days. It's imperative Reigns takes that mantle for WWE unless they can entice The Rock out for another event in the next year or so.

Hence why we'll be force fed Rousey. For a guy that detests using other companies talent, Vince seems only too desperate to cuddle up to UFC talent.

I'm sure McGregor will feature down the line - again to boost the lack of casual commercial talent.

I'm sure that's more to do with her being a mainstream celebrity. The only other UFC star they have grabbed in recent times was Lesnar, and Vince had built him in the first place.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He won't as no one buys his booking. He's just been built up in the wrong way.

It's not too late, but they're so determined to push him the way they're doing and won't change it. When they tried the same with other guys it never worked, probably most famously with The Rock who had to turn heel and be allowed to be himself before he got over. 

On 2/24/2018 at 12:05, DA Baracus said:

He won't as no one buys his booking. He's just been built up in the wrong way.

It's not too late, but they're so determined to push him the way they're doing and won't change it. When they tried the same with other guys it never worked, probably most famously with The Rock who had to turn heel and be allowed to be himself before he got over. 

The galling thing is that they keep showing glimpses of doing the right thing.  He was probably at an all-time low in his big face journey last WM, then came up and cut what would have been a perfect heel turn promo with just four words.  Then they did nothing with it.  A few times they've looked like they'll either turn him, or at least make him more of a say nothing monster face.  But they always return to the well of treating him like the underdog.  From his promo on RAW, they look like they'll build well to the WM match, and if Lesnar is sticking around, he'll probably be gone for a wee while.  They could fix everything with a decent title reign, but if they screw this one up I doubt they ever will do it right.

18 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Great trolling from Big Match John. f**k The Undertaker.

Except it isn't really.  Looks very much like an obvious swerve.  He'll likely go to Smackdown, make the already ridiculous 5-way a 6-pack challenge, lose that too, and then get interrupted by Undertaker at some point over the next couple of weeks.  Or he gets the gong tonight after they've directed ratings over to the ailing show.  Either way, it looks like it's happening.  What else would they have Cena do?