Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Guest bernardblack
I'd put him in with the Cruiserweights.  I imagine the match on Sunday is just going to be an extended squash with Cass brutalising the guy.  Maybe even a DQ win.  Stretch it out to Summerslam and have a stip match where he gets put out long term then bring him back as the plucky babyface in peril for the Cruiserweight division.  His talking alone will light up whatever feuds he's in.

He's also very much a HHH guy, so should be fine

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm over women's wrestling now, it's lost direction completely. Can't watch a Sasha Banks match anymore as you get Michael Cole shouting THE BOSS every few sentences.

WWE are absolutely terrible with smaller "divisions". The cruisers and women will never be able to create a proper buzz on the main roster because WWE have always been completely incapable of changing this. Doesn't matter who the writers are. It never changes.

Dunno if this was posted but the ratings are getting scary-

Ratings for World Wrestling Entertainment: Raw first showing (live +7 days) for same week in the UK on Sky Sports, last five years-

June 24 2013 - 184,000
June 23 2014 - 145,000
June 22 2015 - 75,000
June 20 2016 - 79,000
June 19 2017 - 18,000

(Data from f4wonline.com messageboard)

Sky Sports are paying an average of US$30 million a year for WWE till 2019, per WWE's publicly available accounts. (This means Sky are constantly having to pay more for it as they are paying in dollars, and the £ has been getting weaker against the $ since the Brexit vote). That week starting 19/6/17, the first run Smackdown had 20k, 5pm Thursday Raw repeat also 20k and 11am Saturday Main Event 31 thousand. Probably is traditionally the lowest point of the year for them, but they're still scary stats, especially if they have lost 90% of viewers for that one week in 5 years.

Sky pay more for WWE than either Scottish or Spanish football. Sky Sports are paying approximately £23 million pounds a year, at this moment, for a brand whose main programme currently has 18 thousand viewers. 

Well given it's widely believed Sky are going to completely rebrand their Sports channels before the start of the next English Premier League season-though no one seems quite sure how- it's kinda a bad time for WWE's ratings to be in the toilet.

Also there should be a banner over the outside of Hampden's main stand saying "Sky pay WWE more than the SPFL". They should be embarrassed by that.

I highly doubt Sky are thinking of getting rid of wrestling, but if they did, I wonder if WWE would consider putting RAW & SD on the Network in the UK. (If BT or someone else don't make them an offer that is)